Chapter 19

Camila's P.O.V-

Have you ever felt so incredibly happy that it's almost overwhelming? Its okay, me neither. Just kidding. Waking up to Lauren always made me feel that way. With her bare arm around me and my back pressed against her naked front, i felt overwhelmed with happiness. If i were to have gone in time and told my old self that i would be laying in Lauren's arms in this exact moment, i would've called myself crazy. But little by little, i understand that there are many types of love. We do not choose the one we fall in love with, and our perception of happiness is our own and is determined by what we experience. 

I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone. I had a few missed calls from Dinah and one from my mom. After some debate, I decided it'd be smarter to call my mom back first. After dialing her number, i brought the phone back to my ear. I felt Lauren shuffling behind me and paused my movements. I heard my mom greet me as Lauren settled down. 

"Hola Mija, how was your night?" She asked. When i told my mom i had a surprise for Lauren and wanted the house to myself, she never put the pieces together. I just told her that i wanted to have a private movie night, and she agreed that it'd be nice if we had no interruptions. If only my mother knew... 

"Hola mama," I whispered in spite of Lauren sleeping. "We had fun. We fell asleep after the 6th movie though. Lauren is still sleeping so i'm trying to be quiet." 

"Ah, so that's why you're whispering. I just called to let you know that we'll probably be home late. Your Abuela wanted us to stay for dinner. You and Lauren could stop by if you want, but you don't have to," She offered. 

"Um, i think we're just gonna stay and maybe cook something here. Maybe i'll try and make your famous spaghetti." 

"Camila, sweetie, no one can make spaghetti as good as me." 

"Mama," I whined. "I got close that one time." 

As my mother laughed at my behavior, i heard Lauren groan as she rolled onto her back. I turned around in her arms and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

"Mama, Lauren is waking up so i'm gonna go. Tell Sofi i love her for me!" I whispered into the phone despite Lauren being awake. 

"Okay, sweetie. Have a good day! Love you." 

"Love you too," I said. I hung up the call and texted Dinah that i would call her later since i was "busy". I then placed my phone on my nightstand and turned to face Lauren once again. "Good morning, beautiful," I greeted her as i planted another kiss on her cheek. 

"Good morning, princess," She whispered in her morning voice. I bit my lip at the sound of her raspy voice that I've always liked about her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm great. Wonderful, actually. Although, i am admittedly a little sore down there," I said while looking under the sheets to see our naked bodies. My eyes purposely roamed Lauren's longer than it should have before she noticed. 

"See something you like?" She said cockily. I looked back up to her eyes to see she had a knowing smirk on her face while her eyes stared right into mine. 

"Oh my god," I groaned as i rolled onto my back. "It's too early for you to be this confident."

"Wait, Camila. Can you look at my back? It hurts like a bitch," She moaned. She rolled onto her side, allowing me to get a clear sight on her back. I gasped as i noticed the dark red lines flowing down her back, even drops of dry blood specked on her back. 

"Lauren, oh my god, i'm so sorry," I cooed. I really did feel terrible that i did this to her. 

"Is it really that bad? Can you take a picture for me?"