Chapter 10

Previously-

"Dork" she said as i walked out her bedroom door

The tension i felt before was slowly making a comeback. The kiss was amazing and all, don't get me wrong. All kisses with Camila are amazing.

"Why does this feel like a goodbye?"
_____________________

Camila's P.O.V-

This past week has been incredible. It seems like my life is finally coming together. I finally got the girl I've been dreaming about for years. I had to watch her kiss other girls, waiting for her to realize she meant nothing to them. They just wanted her for the label, not for her. Funny thing is, neither of us knew we liked each other.

Lauren and I have always been affectionate towards each other. I think that's where the complications lied. We both told ourselves that no matter what, we will only be friends. Fortunately, that wasn't exactly the case. 

Now that i have Lauren in my life and shes not "just a friend", i'm happy. I'm genuinely happy. I get to kiss her and hug her whenever i want. I can hold her hand and know that its not platonic. I can prove my feelings to her and not fear she won't reciprocate them. But she doesn't want that. 

The conversation we had yesterday definitely got under my skin. I can't believe she would question my feelings towards her, or at least that's what it felt like she was doing. I don't care if she's a girl, i will continue to be affectionate with her. We did it as friends and i will continue to do it as her girlfriend. If people have anything to say about my sexuality, they can say it to my face. I have experienced getting bullied, it is nothing new. Brad has been doing it for awhile now. He has been bullying since 8th grade when he found out i had feelings for Lauren. 

You see, i was having a private conversation with Dinah (yes, she knows) and he happened to hear us and like the asshole he is- he eavesdrop on us. Ever since then, i had to listen to him and do whatever he said or he would've told Lauren. Jokes on him-

"Mija! Come downstairs please!" I internally groaned. I enjoy my quiet time and after the conversation Lauren and i had, i definitely needed one. Plus, i have a feeling i know what this is about. 

"Coming mami!" 

I slowly descended down the stairs, obviously stalling for whats about to come. I haven't talked to my parents since my outburst. Its not that i had no excuse though- My dad was a lot more dramatic than i had intended. But at the same time, i guess i should've seen it coming. 

I walked into the living room and instantly wanted to flee. The uncomfortable tension was already overwhelming. "Karla, please sit down." You could easily see my mother was worried for me. I looked at my father and hit face was expressionless. You wouldn't be able to tell his emotions even if he verbally told you. 

"Dad..." I started. "please say something." 

"I have nothing to say. I refuse to believe my daughter is a dyke"

"DAD!" I shouted furiously. "Never- and i mean never- Call me that again. You may not want to believe your daughter makes out with girls, but i will not allow myself to be treated so poorly. Especially not by my father." With that being said, i began my route back to my room but my father clearly wasn't done with his provoking.

"I bet it was Lauren who corrupted you with such nonsense." 

I stopped in my tracks and slowly made my way back to my father. I slammed both my fists down on the table. "Lauren is the best thing to ever happen to me. Don't you dare bring her into this."