Chapter 29

(I know the pic isn't accurate, but go with it.)

Countdown: Day of graduation!

Today is the day. After a long four years of torture, I'm finally graduating high school. Torture is probably not the best word to describe it, but its pretty close. Not every memory I have at this school was bad, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I tend to remember the negative better than I remember the positive. 

The only thing I couldn't be more happy about is meeting my four best friends. Its a little depressing that our colleges aren't as close as we wanted them to be. Ally is the farthest unfortunately. She is going to UCLA in California while the rest of us are closer to the East Coast. Normani is attending Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. And Dinah is going to attend Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. We were all heartbroken when Ally told us, but she also wants to do some recording the studios while she's there. She wants to fulfill her dream of singing so we all supported her, even if we were sad. 

So that brings us to now where we're all waiting to start being seated. I'm already dressed in my cap and gown, along with my honors cord around my neck. My whole class has been here since eight in the morning since we had a practice. I've barely seen any of the girls today, including Lauren. We've all been rushing around trying to make everything look nice so we haven't really had time to relax.

I looked around to see if I could see anyone I recognized. I was about to give up until I spotted Lauren leaning against one of the walls, mindlessly tapping away on her phone. I made my way over and took her phone out of her hand and wrapped my arms around her waist. I felt her chest bounce as she laughed and took off my cap. She placed a kiss on the top of my head and ran her fingers through my hair, something that has always calmed me down. 

"Nervous?" She asked softly, but loud enough to where I could hear it over the noise. 

"A little. I'm more nervous that I'll trip and fall in front of everyone rather than giving the closing speech. Does that make me weird?" The principal had emailed me at the beginning of the second semester and asked me if I would give the farewell speech for my class. Of course I accepted it, but was still hesitant since I have never given a speech in front of as many people who are going to show up there today.

"I don't think it's weird at all, I think it makes you normal," She started as she moved her hand down to my back and massaged it. "I think you're going to do great while I silently root you on in my head." 

I laughed into her chest and squeezed her tighter. Her hugs always brought me comfort. But then again, just being around Lauren made me comfortable. "You're cute." I mumbled. 

"You know what is weird though?" I pulled my head off of her chest and brought my eyes to meet hers. 

"What?" I questioned while remaining eye contact. 

"I was just about to text you before you walked up to me. I swear you have superpowers or something. Its like you can read my mind when I really miss you." She confessed. I smiled and leaned up to give her a kiss. She leaned down and met me half way. Our kiss was soon quickly interrupted by a certain trio of girls. 

"Hey now Camren, keep it in your pants!" Dinah yelled over the commotion. Lauren threw her head back laughing but ended up smacking her head against the wall. "Wow, you okay?" 

"Yeah I'm fine," Lauren mumbled while rubbing the back of her head. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before turning to face them. 

"How are you guys?" I asked. I noticed that everyone was wearing a big smile on their face today. I guess there is something exhilarating about graduating high school that puts everyone in a good mood.