16- "I'm so sorry I just did that"

I got to work and went and put my bag away in my locker and went to my register.

I heard behind me "Happy birthday for the other day"

"Thanks Kristin" she was my work friend, she is only 16, she always worked on the register directly opposite to mine.

"It's alright Molly" she smiled sweetly.

"How was your weekend?" I say logging in to my til.

"Same old, worked Friday night and yesterday and today. I basically don't have a social life"

"Reminder you're only 16, you do have your whole life to experience things"

"Yeah, I'll just YOLO life"

"People still say that?" I half laughed as both of us were started to get customers lining up.

"Not really but I still live by it"

"Oh young Kristin"

"Molly your talking like your like 15 years older than me when you're only 2 and a half years older in reality"

"Hush now child and do your work" we stopped talking and actually did our job properly.

•.            •.          •.           •. 

Some customers came through, I served them all then there was a potter bit of a lull.

"Where is everyone there is like no one in here?"

"I have no idea" Kristin shrugged her shoulders.

I actually asked the next customer who came through my register, it was a mum and her adorable little boy, she had no idea either.

Then it became busy not in the way that heaps of people at the register but a lot of people in the store in general.

I stood just waiting for some one to come, but no one did, 45 minutes passed and only about 6 customers had come through the registers.

Which is weird as I work in a store that has 13 registers, and 6 self serve places. You would think there would be a lot more people coming through.

I then saw why it's become busy "hi how are you today" I stared scanning the food.

"I'm good thank you...." he sprinted his eyes looking at the name badge. "Molly" he said reading it aloud

"It's pretty busy in here isn't it" I kept the convocation going.

"Yeah that's probably my fault, you see I'm in the pretty famous band" I nodded my head

"Can't be that famous, I don't have any idea who you are" I played along with him.

"We'll all those people you can see, they all love me" I look and do see a number of teens trying to act all casual with there phones aimed at him.

"Oh I believe you" I kept scanning the stuff.

I was scanning the stuff then I got to the 10 frozen pizzas.

I gave him the 'Are you freaking serious' look.

"I love pizza, so does my roommate" yeah I know we have had pizza two days in a row, but seriously pizza it's my life if I had to only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be pizza.

"Yeah everyone likes pizza but not one with mushroom" I cringed so did he.

"Yeah neither, let me go change the flavour"

"Yeah I'll probably almost done you get back" true to my word I was finished all I need was the last few pizzas to scan then he could leave.

He paid and left. Kristin eyes looked like they were gonna bulge out of her head. But she had to keep working for another two hours of our shift.