Ch.10: Uneasy Life

Sakura pov

The entire ride home I knew Sasuke was mad at me, I messed up big time no wonder why I had no master for so long. "Keep your head up. What happened tonight was bound to happen anyway. We are partners now, don't make me regret it." He said. I wasn't sure what it was but his words made my heart race. I nodded and kept silent, he believed in me so I should to.

Beep. Beep. Beep. My alarm wailed without fair. 6:30 in the morning was to dang early for me but I had no choice because if I didn't then, bang! My door slammed open. A angry faced blonde stood in the doorway. "Get up forehead! I need to vent!" Ino yelled then stomped over to my bed and flopped down with a huff. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and trying not to yawn, "Ok. What happened?" Taking a deep breath she began her long story.

"Well we had a mission last night like always but something weird happened and Sai blamed it on me! I had no ideal what was happening!" She growled, "Our mission was to just capture a low life gangster and that was easy!"

*Ino pov Flashback*

"So we just capture this gangster then go home? Easy enough not like we havnt done this before." I said while stopping in front of a bread shop. "Go on ahead hon I'll be just a min....." Before I could finish the door opened. A brown haired lady came running out with tears in her eyes, she completely ignored me and ran off. A man then came running out with his mouth and hands full of what looked to be blue crescent rolls, he ran in the direction of the women while yelling, "I LOVE YOUR BREAD!" I sweat dropped then nodded toward Sai who gave me his weird smile. Walking into the shop I saw a girl around my age putting different kinds of bread on display. I noticed the tune she was humming, it was the Dango family theme. Blushing I remembered my phase of dangoness.

"Hello there. What can I get you?" The girl asked thankfully bringing me out of my memories. "I was just wondering if you had any cheesy bread?" I asked. The girl frowned then shook her head, "No I don't believe we do. I'm sorry." She said.
"Its fine. Thank you tho. You have a good day." I said before leaving. Walking around town I found myself lost in the crowd of people looking around for Sai. A hand gripped my wrist, turning I saw Sai smiling at me. "What? Did you find him?" I asked but he didn't answer, he dragged me around the corner and pushed me into an alley. His touch clouded my mind but still what was happening wasn't right. His hands were all over me, his lips nipped at my neck. "Sa...Sai" I said rather breathlessly.

I was embarrassed but at the same time excited. "Ino!?" Came a voice from my left. Looking over I was confused at first because there stood Sai staring at me with confused and hurt evident in his eyes. The other Sai had stopped touching me but still held my hands above my head. "If you wish for her to live you'll let me finish." He growled. Sai's expression turned to that of pure anger, "Ino! Change." he growled. Nodding my form started to shrink, my ears moved to the top of my head and elongated. My nose grew smaller; everything did. I dropped out of the others grip and fell to the ground. Glaring down at me he raised his foot to stomp on me but Sai tackled him. They went tumbling backwards into some trash cans but everyone who walked by didn't seem to care.

"Ino! As your master I command you lend me your speed." Sai yelled. That's a special gift a Familiar could bestow on their master or partner. If the familiar was fast, had wings, or quick reflexes or anything like that then the familiar could share those attributes with the master. Sai's speed increased exponentially and he threw the man across the alley and into the wall. "This is the gangster we're after. If you'd studied his files like you were supposed to you'd known that he can copy anyone's appearance." Sai yelled. The other man stood on shaky legs, "You studied me? Interesting yet you still let me get this close to your partner and..." Sai hit him in the face hard, knocking him out cold. He pulled out his phone then called the school, after he hung up he started to walk off. I changed back then chased after him, "Sai please wait I..." He turned on me, "You should have known that wasn't me! We are a team, we are one so you should had known! Start studying more see you tomorrow." Then he left me standing there.

*End Ino pov flashback*

I frowned at my blonde friend then hugged her. She sighed, "I just don't know what to do Sakura... He's mad at me and it makes me feel bad that I didn't even think there was a difference between them..." I slowly rubbed her back hoping to rub out all of her agony. Glancing over at my clock my eyes widened, "Uh...Ino? Its five to eight... We're going to be late!" I yelled while jumping up. "Ill wait for you in my car!" She called after me. I jumped in the shower trying my best to get ready for school.

Sasuke pov

Pulling up at the school I took a deep breath. Naruto sat quietly beside me, after our mission last night I took Sakura home then headed home myself. Once I got home I was tackled by Toshida. She held me tighter then a little girl should have been able to, "Thought you wouldn't be back..." She said. She ended up falling asleep on my lap last night. "So are you going to tell me what happened on your mission last night?" Naruto said. He was looking at me with an expression full of concern. I opened the car door and got out. He followed, as I made it into the building he grabbed my shoulder. "Talk to me man. Something is bugging you more then usual. Even Toshida could tell and she's only know you for a few days." He said.

Turning to face him I started to answer when Anko approached, clearing her throat she said, "Mr.Uchiha seeing as how Sakura Haruno hasn't shown up for school yet." I sighed. Damn girl probably stayed home to sleep all day. I followed her down the hall to the counselors room leaving Naruto watching after me. "Ok...what happened?" She asked, so I told her everything. Once I was done she sat there and quietly regarded me with a pity look. "Zabuza...and Haku not to mention the random ice girl who attacked you. This is worse then I expected. One good thing we figured out who their target is." My eyes widened.
"And your just now telling me!?" I growled and stood.

"At the time we found out you were gone." She explained how they figured out Toshida was the shadowed heart and how many head branch families would want that power on their side. "So your telling me that you want me to protect that girl. You want me to put my life on the line for a little girl that no one would miss if she died." I said while crossing my arms. Anko regarded me with an unreadable expression, "I didn't think you would be the type to be so selfish, especially after your experience growing up being an outcast like this girl is."
"That girl and I are nothing alike!" I yelled.
"You will carry out this mission. Its of the up most importance that you keep that girl safe, even more so now that we've learned that the demon Zabuza is the one after her. You and your familiar, Sakura Haruno will except this responsibility or..." I didn't catch the last part since I walked out. This entire thing pissed me off.

The bell that signaled for first class to start rang. I'd deal with all this crap later right now I just wanted have a normal school day but of course my luck never worked out. A sharp pain arched threw my stomach making me double over in pain, my fangs elongated and pressed against my bottom lip. Shit I must have forgotten to drink any blood this morning, the weight and fighting yesterday wore me down so much so that I had forgotten. The taste of Sakura's blood wavered across my taste buds which in turned made the pain worse. A hand gripped my shoulder and pulled me backwards. I slammed into a locker with a clang. Wincing I looked into the hate filled eyes of the monster hunter, Neji Hyuga. "Finally, I've found you. Blood sucker."

To be continued...