Ch.11: Prey

Sasuke pov

"Look I'm not in the mood to be bothered by....." My sentence was cut short. "I can tell by your complexion and your dulled eyes that you havn't fed in a while. This will make things easier." He pulled out a short sharp knife and shoved it into my shoulder without even blinking. Now I know what your thinking, where the hell are all the students and teachers? I mean someone's got to see this right? Wrong. The man who stood in front of me was a hunter, a person who specialized in tearing apart monsters like me so anyone who saw what was going on would just slink back into the shadows. A wicked sneer curved onto his face, "I'm going to make you beg for mercy. Your going to wish you were never born." He pulled out the blade then sliced a line down my right arm. "That was for Tenten. You know the one you killed."

I grimaced but then felt it change into a pained smile. "You want to know what her final words were? I can tell you, hell I can even explain what her blood tasted like." His eyes were full of hatred but there was something else too. Pain. That girl, Tenten meant something to him. "Shut up. You didn't know her and I did. She was mine!" I took advantage of his anger to push him backwards with the remaining strength I had left. He slid across the hall and smashed against the lockers, I raised my right hand which was dripping with my blood and brought it to my mouth. That's the secret of my blood, part demon, part vampire. The demon part sent a surge of power threw my body, immediately I began to heal. "So that's your secret power? More injuries you take more of your own blood you can drink. Proper power for a half breed such as your self." With my thirst sedated for now I smiled at him.

"You have no ideal what your in for hunter." I spoke sadisticly slow. His hate filled eyes widened slightly, "Your eyes..." He muttered. "What's wrong trash, have I frightened you?" I asked. "As if scum. I'll cut you into pieces." He threw his blood stained knife to the floor and took out a rather amusing silver tipped chunk of wood and a machete. We inched closer, the air around us rippled with blood lust. "Stop!!" My body froze. Sakura stepped in front of me with her arms out stretched, "Leave Sasuke alone." She and her blonde friend stood in between us, "Move damn it! He deserves to die!" Neji started forward but was stopped by Anko. "Mr.Hyuga. I suspect you have a good reason for showing up, attacking one of my students and causing an uproar." She said with authority. "That....monster killed her...he killed Tenten!!" He yelled. There was a silence that laid on us, no one said anything for a few minutes as if to decide weather or not to turn on me. "Enough. You shall leave and not bother my students again. If you do I'll kill you myself, understand?" I could tell by her expression that she was no longer playing around. He must have sensed it to because he put the stake back in his bag.

"I'll warn you all now. I'll kill you when you least expect it." He turned and walked off down the hall then out of the building. Anko turned to face me, her expression was unreadable, "Mr.Uchiha you and Sakura report to your first class, there's around five minutes left. Sasuke I believe you will explain your mission to Sakura." She leaned in closer before continuing, "And you may want to do something about your eyes." Then she walked off as if nothing happened. I glanced over at Sakura then started toward our class leaving her to try to catch up. Once she did she pulled on my sleeve to get me to stop.

"Are you ok?" She asked. I nodded, "Well you may want to get a new shirt and wash up. You have blood on you. Also what's this mission she was talking about?" She asked.
"Sakura....our mission is to protect Toshida. Turns out she has something very powerful that Zabuza and Haku are after." I told her everything that Anko had said. She started to reply but then the bell rang allowing me to walk away while everyone was busy getting out of class.
I figured my day would start getting better but I was wrong. Right when I sat down the teacher cleared his throat, "We have a new student starting here today. Welcome Zoe Suchi." The girl who stood at the front of class was the same one who I fought just last night. A cold chill spread through the room, she smiled, winked at me then took her seat. Guess Elsa wasn't giving up.