Ch.17: Power of a God

Sakura pov

(Before meeting with Sasuke.)

"Damn it I wish I could be there!" I yelled in annoyance.
"It's ok mommy. Daddy is strong and he'll be ok." Toshida comforted. I couldn't understand what these feelings meant. Knowing Sasuke was out there all alone fighting, 'Think Sakura...your just his familiar nothing more.' then why did I care so much about him. "He'll be fine. Let's just chill and wait." Naruto said while munching on some ramen. Ino had went home to, she said she had to make things ok between her and Sai again. That's when my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered unsure of who it was. "Meet me at the train station please. I...I can't face him alone." It was Ino.
"You sure that's a good ideal? What if he wants to see you alone?" I asked because if I didn't these questions would never be thought of. She hesitated to answer, "Well?" I said.

"Look having you there will give me strength....your my best friend and no matter what happens I know I can count on you...so please Sakura, please come there with me." She pleaded. "Ok. I'll meet you there. What time?" I asked. I could hear her moving around, then she said, "Right now I've been sitting outside so in case you said no then I could come in and drag you with me anyway." Getting up I looked out the window and sure enough there sat Ino in her bright blue bug. She stood beside it smiling the way only my best friend could because she knew she had won.

Putting my shoes on and a hat to cover up my cat ears I walked toward the door where I found a waiting Toshida. "I wanna go to mommy...please." Curse her and her pleading face. Patting her head I smiled, "Ok. Come on we'll ask aunt Ino if you can." She flung the door open and ran to Ino. "Aunt Ino! Can I go too!!" She jumped at Ino with a hug. Ino caught her and laughed, "Sure darling." I walked out then sighed, no matter what my mind just wouldn't leave the thought of Sasuke. Hoping he was ok...begging for him to come back. "Uh...earth to Sakura..." Ino muttered. Laughing I shook it off, "Hey Naruturd you coming with us?" Ino asked. Naruto walked out of the house, "No Hinata just called we have some sort mission so I'm meeting her at the park." He said tho he didn't look happy about it. Ino looked over at me, "Well I'll drop you off. Get in." She said then walked over to the drivers side and got in. Naruto looked like he wanted to protest but instead he nodded and helped Toshida climb in before he got in.

After dropping a stoic looking blonde off at the park we carried on until we reach the station. Turning the car off Ino sighed, I've only seen her this nervous once before and even then I don't think it was this bad. Touching her shoulder I smiled, "Come on girl pull yourself together. You can't meet him looking like a trembling tower of Jenga blocks." She gave me a questioning look which I played off. We got out walked into the station and waited for what felt like an eternity until Sai finally showed. He glanced over at Toshida and me said hello then waited for Ino to start talking.

"Sai....I..." She started before he interrupted, "Came to apologize have you? Took you long enough." Ino blinked a couple of times then looked over at me as if to ask if he really just said that. "Since your my familiar I was expecting you to say sorry sooner. So just apologize so I can go home." She stood there speechless for a moment. "I...I never did anything wrong." She finally spoke. I wanted to intervene but I knew Ino would hate that, she's always been a proud person. "Really!?" He said raising his voice, "You were kissing someone else! No telling how many others you've fucked. I am your master which means I own you. You do whatever I say without any complaints." He said. "Your body is mine to do with what I see fit. You think I'm nice to you because I like you?" He asked cruelly, "Like a master could ever love a familiar." Those words made me feel uneasy...what if this sort of thing happened to Sasuke and me especially if I was starting to have feelings for him. I was snapped back to the unfolding scene by the sound of Ino slapping him. Tears rushed down her now pink cheeks, "I Ino Yamanaka hereby renounce you as my master. Our partnership is over, your no longer my master." He stared at her, she glared back at him.