Ch.15: True Power

Naruto pov

"But Sasuke hasn't done anything to draw negative attention to himself." I argued. The hunter in front of me smirked, "I say he has. And who said this little event will ever reach the ears of the organization? Now I'm just supposed to hold you off so stand there until I say." Grinding my teeth I stared off toward the house wondering if the others were ok. Taking a step sideways I was going to take a chance and run while his back was toward me but before I could blink he stood in front of me and elbowed me in the stomach making me stumble backwards.

"Don't move dummy. If you don't wish to die then stand still." He growled. "I can't do that!" yelling I jumped to my feet and swung my fist at him in a horrible attempt to hit him but he easily saw through it and grabbed my wrist. Twisting it he dropped me to the ground and put his knee right in the middle of my back. "You just don't listen. Your a failure...and once a failure always a..."
"Your wrong!" I growled. "I'm not a failure and I won't let you hurt my friends!" pushing up I was able to knock him off me. He rolled to his feet and took out a knife. "Protect him huh? Then I guess that means you'll just have to die too!" he thrust the knife at me but I easily dodged or so I thought until he stopped and kicked me.

Sliding to a stop I turned but there he was. He hit me hard and fast which stunned me, taking advantage he hit me a few more times then raised the knife high in the air. "Naruto-kun!!" He was tackled off me. Hinata was standing in front of me, "Ugh of course you'd get in my way." he grunted as he stood. "Come on Naruto-kun. I'll give you my special power...but I...." She hesitated to say anything. He rushed toward her with the knife pointed at her, rushing to my feet I grabbed the knife leaving him open for her to attack but when she tried to punch him he grabbed her fist. "You two can't actually think you can beat me. Especially you Hinata. I can't believe someone from the prestigious Hyuga family is a lowly familiar."
"I'm not yet...but if Naruto allows it..." All this caught me off guard, I mean she is my partner but a familiar? The blade of the knife sank deeper into my hand, "Sure. Hinata Hyuga I accept you as my familiar and from this moment on I will be your partner." I said in a rush. A rush of heat flushed threw my blood, I felt like a different person. Pushing his hand upward I swung with the other hitting him right in a stomach. I moved with speed and cunning I didn't have before, it was a fist fight right out of a movie. Moves and counter moves. He'd hit me and i'd hit him. Hinata stood a few feet away, I thought she was ok until she collapsed.

"Hinata!" While I was distracted Neji grabbed the knife. "Enough of this petty Shit! I am a world renown hunter, I refuse to lose to you!" He thrust it at me. I remembered at that moment something Sasuke told me when we were kids, it was right after a group of bullies beat me up. I sat crying in my room, 'You ok?' he asked from the doorway. 'No. I'm weak...' he walked right over to me and hit me right in the face. 'Your not weak Naruto and don't ever say you are. You can train with me from now on. We'll get stronger then no one will be able to hurt us.' in a flash I grabbed his throat and arm. Taking the knife I put it up to his throat, "You've been beaten. I suggest you leave now." Letting go of his throat he fell coughing and hacking. Taking the knife I walked back over to Hinata, "Hey you ok?" I asked. Her eyes fluttered open, "I'm fine it's just an after effect of my power. I grow weaker to give you strength. You can mimic the power of your opponent for a limited amount of time." Hey I thought it was cool.

"Is Neji-san dead?" She asked. Looking behind me I cursed myself for turning my back on him. "No he's gone probably after Sasuke...come on we've gotta go." I stood but immediately felt light headed, I fell to my knees. "Wh...What's happening?" Hinata touched my shoulder, "It's fine. The power has warn off. You'll be weaker now." I'm sorry Sasuke I may not get there on time.

Sakura pov

"Shit..." I whispered, wiping blood from my cheek I hid. "You ok mommy?" Toshida asked, she clutched my arm. I had to protect her...but he's making it difficult. "I'm ok. Just a few cuts. Stay down and hidden I'll take care of him."
"And get us back to daddy?" She asked. I rubbed her head, "Yes honey."
"Come out, come out wherever you are." He called from the street. It was like hiding in a ghost town, familiars along with most supernatural beings could create these types of seals which cause everyone around us to be put out of harms way, yet it doesn't effect other supernatural people. Running out onto the street I caught him by the waist and flung him into a nearby building. Breathing heavily I stumbled, one of the steel needles must have had some type of poison.