Chapter 10

Vanessa's POV

I waited in the van with Riker boredly. Rocky and Ratliff went to get some coffee from Starbucks. So that left me and Riker alone.

"So..how bout them sports" He asked awkwardly.

I stifled my laughter at his stupidity.

"That ice breaker only works on guys, smart Alec" I corrected him

"I know that's why I said it to you" he said smirking.

I glared at him looking down at my phone. My phone went off playing 'Watch Me '. I looked at the text and smiled

Keisha
Hey gurl! :)

Vanessa
Hey! How's school?

Keisha
Boring as always! Soo how's it with Riker?

Vanessa
What about the Idiot?

Keisha
The whole school knows you like him!

Vanessa
Well the whole school needs to get their heads of their butts

Keisha
What ever you say, but I'm just saying the best ships come from hate.

Vanessa
And the best hatreds coming from unfriending a person instagram

Keisha
You win! TTYL

Vanessa: KK

I put down the phone and looked at Riker. Eh, I guess he sorta cute. He looked at me and smirked.

"Like what you see?" He smirked

"Ugh, Drop dead" I said snobbily

In he return he smirked for the like the billionth time today. I rolled my eyes and fidelled with my fingers. I was starting to hate the silence so I turned to face Riker.

"Tell me about your self" I said randomly

"Come again?" He said a bit shocked

"Look, one of the reasons we never got alone is because we never knew each other." I replied to his dumb question.

"K, what do you wanna know?" He asked

"About you. Your family"

"You know everything about me..what's there to tell?"

"Your dad..."

Riker went quiet. He took a deep breath and looked at me. I felt a wave of regret hit me.

"I am so sorry I should have never-"

"No, i-"

"Riker, you don't have to-"

"Want to."

Sat back in the chair and waited for him to tell me.

"Mom and Dad fought everyday about random things like: Money, Food, heck they even fought about Jelena getting back together. 1 day dad accidentally hit Rydel. Mom called him a monster and told him to leave and never come back. He did as he was told and left us alone. He lives in NYC. Haven't seen him since I was 10 years old. He found someone and lived happily ever after in his penthouse and left us. Mom regrets it everyday, I regret letting him leave"

I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I guess its my turn. My parents were perfect together. My mother loved my Dad and my dad loved my mom. Mom was in her mid 30's when it happened. One day we were teasing each other and Luna called mom old. Mom really took I to heart, that same night she disappeared. She left a note."

I dug in my purse and took it out. I opened and read it to Riker

Dear Family,
I'm going on an adventure, that I can't take you on. It's for people who aren't happy with their age . I know this is really sudden and weird. But want you to know I love you alots all 6 of you, I'll be back as soon as I can XOXO
~Mommy

"Little did I know, she was never coming back. She found a whole new family and completely forgot about us and never had the courage to call us, I have other siblings I never met, I have a step dad who I am sure I'll love and I have a mother who I miss"

I looked down at the note and saw something wet hit the paper, I wiped my tears away and grabbed my purse. I was digging through my purse when I heard something jingle. I pulled it out only to find the bracelet my mom gave me.

Riker helped me put it on and smiled at me. I couldn't keep it in I bursted out crying right there right then. Riker wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. While I cried into his shirt.

I soon heard the door open and saw Rocky and Ratliff jump in. I looked over at Ellington and saw how much he looked like mom. I cried even louder.

"What hap-" he tried to ask but Riker cut him off

"Shh" he said making Ellington pipe down.

I got up and sat in my seat. I didn't want anybody else to see me crying. I saw Laura walking towards the van she opened the door and sat next to Rocky.

Ross came in after smiling at his phone like an idiot. I looked at Laura and she mouthed to me 'A girl' rolling her eyes. I smirked seeing she was jealous. It's cute seeing my baby sister jealous especially when it's her enemy (or crushemy) what ever you want call it.

I noticed Rydel and Maia walk out of the building. Rydel and Maia got in the car and drove off. We followed behind as we left the carpark.

------------

We walked inside the suite and sat on the couch.

"Laura, did you get it?" Rydel asked

"Get what" I asked.

"We switched the plan around a bit. Instead "Stormie' and "Vanessa" changed the order. Laura got some files from Estrella's" She replied

"Hm...Smart. So Laura what did you get?" I asked again.

"I have no idea...because Mr. FlirtsAlot here had to distract me"

She pulled out the Memory Stick and plugged it onto the TV. She typed on her laptop and pulled up the files. She scrolled through them looking at the orders.

"What the hell guys? I thought you changed the order!" Laura yelled at Rydel and Maia.

"We did! What are you talking about?" Maia asked.

Laura zoomed in on our order. It showed a whole new order and it was very beautiful.

"I said garbage not gorgeous!" I yelled at them

"Wait, Wait, Laur zoom in that thing over there." Riker told Laura.

Laura smiled at her new nickname and zoomed in on the names.

"Who in the name of Spongebob square pants is....Mark Lynch and why did he change our order?" Laura asked reading out loud the name.

The Lynch's eyes widen they looked at each other in utter shock.

"T-Thats o-our d-d-dad" Rydel finally stuttered out

My eyes widened hearing the words that just came out of Rydel's mouth. Great just what we need Drama.

Cliff Hanger! Oh my gosh. What a rush. Now I feel why authors like doing cliff hangers, its fun. Oh and see those cutie pies on that picture that's Kayden and I #ThrowBackThursday. Anywho, Hope you enjoyed don't forget to Vote and Comment. 1 love that is a wrap and zoop......Before I forget: NOW WATCH ME WHIP NOW WATCH ME NAE NAE! XD