Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Carpool Me

Astrid's P.O.V.

I jumped off the sidewalk, Jon at my side, walking towards his truck. Suddenly he grabbed my wrist.

I looked back at him. "Is something wrong?"

He shook his head.

"Is a car coming?"

He shook his head again.

"Then what is it?"

"I, um, I want you to meet some of my friends." He finally said, smiling hopefully.

I smiled back. "Sure."

He beamed. "Great! You already know who they are though, only thing that sucks with being famous, everyone knows you."

My smiled faltered lightly. "Yeah I bet that would suck, and yet people wish to be you a lot."

He looked down at me as we got into his truck, cocking a brow. "Do you wish to be Dean Ambrose sometimes?"

I shook my head. "No, honestly, I'm fine with being a girl, I really don't want to piss standing up and have that area more sensitive as it already is for me, or an extension."

He bursted out laughing. I looked up at him. "What? Its true. Only thing I'd never miss is the periods."

He continued laughing, I shook my head, rolling my eyes, shoving him on his shoulder as he snickered. "Aw c'mon, grow up, you're twenty nine."

"You're twenty six, what's the difference?" He asked between his little fits of laughter.

"I have XX chromosomes, you have XY chromosomes, I don't have an extension, you do, I'm 5'7, your, 6'4, you're loved, I've never been."

He sobered instantly, looking at me with an unreadable expression. "Everyone is loved, Astrid, besides if you're the mistake why did your parents give you a beautiful name that means "star" in Greek? And kept you alive through childhood, their love just might be different."

I sighed, I truly wanted to take his word for it, but as hard as I tried I couldn't. "Then why did they record my brothers raping me and then forced me to watch it after it was over?" I looked over at him. "I truly want to take your word but I've never felt loved by my family, I don't think I'll ever be loved by them . . ."

"People change." He said harshly I looked away from him.

"I know, but my family won't budge on it, they never invite me to anything, on my birthday they never send a simple text of "Happy birthday," they don't talk to me at all."
"What about Cassandra?" He asked, eyes on the road.

"Only friend I've ever had, one that treated me like anyone else and not tease me anyway, pretty much everyone hates me in my life."

"I don't hate you, Astrid."

I looked at him again. "Is that an sincere comment or are you lying?"

"Why would I lie? And you should know that I'm not lying right now."

"Well, your an actor, you specialize in facial expressions. And beating the shit out of others and getting the shit beat out of you."

"Ok," he sighed. "I'll agree with you on that, but I'm not lying. I really do like you."

"And I like you, Jonathan. That is a fact."

He smirked, taping the steering wheel. "I know you do, you're my number one fan." He looked at me with a thoughtful look. "You know what?"