Chapter 13

Chapter 13: We All Have A Past

Jon's P.O.V

I watched Parker sleep, her head against the window.

I loved her. I loved everything about her; her personality, her awkwardness, just everything.

And I never say that about anyone. Last night, when she comforted me; I felt something so different. I had never been comforted by anyone, isn't that a parent's job? Well I guess not since my parents never did.

Honestly, I never would of thought she'd stay this long with me, she was such a nice, caring woman that was the complete opposite of what I am. Besides I grew up with people breaking promises to me.

I just hope Parker didn't break hers.

My family promised they'd love me until the day I died.

Girls I've dated promised they would never leave me, but they did after we fucked.

People always promised my life would get better when it was at the worst, it just kept getting worse and worse.

I will be surprised if she keeps her promise . . .

"No, stop!" She whispered in her sleep. "Please stop, don't do this to me."

I watched as the tears started falling down her cheeks.

"Daddy . . .stop! Please! I'm sorry, please don't throw me outside! I don't want to sleep in the woods again." She started to move around, like she was trying to get out of someone's hands.

"Parker?" I yelled in a whisper, lightly shaking her.

"Why do you hate me?" She sobbed. "Why does everyone hate me?"

I winced at her tone, it was so vulnerable and hurt, it broke my heart and pissed me off at her Dad who had done this to her. Her family.

"Parker!" I said louder, my hands cupping her face, caressing her cheeks.

Her blue eyes flew open as she jumped awake.

"Are we there, yet?" She whispered, her voice soft and childish.

"No, still another day and a half, are you ok?" I soothed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She nodded.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" She asked, wiping her cheeks with her sleeve.

My heart began racing, what if she go mad at me for asking?

"D-did your dad throw you out of the house?"

"W-why would you t-think that, Jon?"

"You were dreaming, telling him to not throw you out and that you didn't want to sleep out in the woods . . . again." Parker didn't speak, she pursed her lips into a straight line as her eyebrows knitted together.

"Its ok. You can tell me, don't be afraid." I whispered.

"He's an alcoholic and druggie. My mom was just an abusive person, my brothers were users, I lost my virginity at six because of them. My dad would throw me out of the house if I did something wrong or I was blamed for something I didn't do, it was usually at night and I lived by the woods, so he would make me sleep out there, the wolves and noises used to scare me so I'd sing to myself, still do sometimes. But singing would bring me some sense of comfort when I was out there."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, you had nothing to do with it." She whispered, once again wiping her tears away.

"You sing?" I asked, trying to change the tender subject for her, she nodded.

"Yeah," she laughed weakly. "I suck though."

"C'mon, I bet you're not, sing, I wanna hear that voice of yours."

She looked at me and sighed, taking a deep breath, putting her headphones on.

"Ten miles from town and I just broke down
Spittin' out smoke on the side of the road
I'm out here alone just tryin' to get home
To tell you I was wrong but you already know
Believe me I won't stop at nothin'
To see you so I've started runnin'

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter
As long as I'm laughing with you
I'm thinkin' that all that still matters is love ever after
After the life we've been through
'Cause I know there's no life after you."

My jaw dropped slightly. Like hell she sucked! She was AMAZING! Her voice was soft and smooth, shy, but it was beautiful.

"Last time we talked, the night that I walked
Burns like an iron in the back of my mind
I must've been high to say you and I
Weren't meant to be and just wasting my time
Oh, why did I ever doubt you?
You know I would die here without you

All that I'm after is a life full of laughter
As long as I'm laughing with you
I'm thinkin' that all that still matters is love ever after
After the life we've been through
'Cause I know there's no life after you."

She turned her headset off and slowly took them off, looking at me. "Bad?"

I shook my head. "THAT WAS AMAZING!"

I hugged her tightly, making her yelp in surprise. "Jon?"

"That was awesome, you don't suck, that was the most amazing thing I ever heard."

I let go and smiled at her. She stared at me, slipping her headphones off and turning them off, and her Bluetooth, her cheeks turned a light pink. "Thanks . . ."

"So, Mrs Kennedy." I said, using her new stage name, Madison Kennedy. "What time is it?"

She looked at her phone.

"4 am." She yawned, covering her mouth with her hand, squeezing her eyes shut.

It was so cute to see her yawn.

"You should go back to sleep, PJ."

She nodded, not willing to argue, and suddenly pulled her legs up onto the seat, tucking them up to her chest and rested her head on my shoulder. "Night Jon . . ."

I slid down in my seat and rested my head against hers, closing my eyes, smiling to myself. "Night Parker, hope you have sweet dreams."

"You too . . ."

Oh, they'll be sweet alright, they'll be filled with you, my sweet Parker . . .

"Parker?" I whispered.

"Yes, Jonathan?" She muttered.

"Have you ever known love?"

"No, not really."

" Sunshine. All that I'm after is a life full of laughter. Without you God knows what I'd do..." I softly sang, nuzzling her head, inhaling her sweet rosy scent.

God I love this girl.