Chapter 22

Chapter 22: God, What Would I Ever Do Without You?

Colby's P.O.V

I walked down the hall, approaching Parker's open door, hearing her and one of her friends talking, I stopped beside the door to listen.

"I never thought I'd see myself in one of these . . ."

"I have, Parker, I'm so happy for you, Jon is the most amazing guy, he's lucky to be marrying a gorgeous woman like you. You look amazing."

I heard Parker's dress shift and a weak laugh. "Thanks, Cass, I hope the same happens to you too."

"Thanks, don't start crying on me now, you know I'm weak at that shit."

"I'm trying not to, trust me."

I smiled and came out from the corner and knocked on the door. "Am I interrupting a sentimental moment?"

Parker wiped her at eyes, shaking her head. "No, Colby, come on in."

I stepped inside the room and watched as Cassandra left to give us privacy, and I turned back to Parker. "You're beautiful, Park."

She was all girly-ed up, her long white dress was simple with lace and it was slightly puffed but it wasn't like a ball gown, she had a diamond necklace and earrings, which were fake since she never had her ears pierced. Her long burette hair was curled and cascaded down her back, and she was just gorgeous.

She smiled at me shyly. "Thanks."

I hugged her briefly. "C'mon, don't be nervous. Everything's gonna be alright, you're marrying the most funniest guy I know, and he's marrying the most sweetest girl I ever met." I pulled away. "I get your nervous, its a good thing, it shows you care, but he loves you, Parker, never doubt that and trust me I was in there earlier and by God," I started laughing, which made Parker smile as her eyes glistened in the light. "He was shaking, pacing back and forth, prep talking himself. I never saw him so scared!" I grabbed her bare shoulders and shook her gently, calming down, getting serious again. "Don't you see? Parker, you and Jon were meant to be there's no need to worry, he won't leave you, ever, he loves you way to much for that, he won't say no, trust me I saw him practicing saying "I do" under his breath as he put his suit on, and his vows. They're really sweet, Park, I was almost in tears."

She choked on a sob, rubbing at her left eye, smiling. "Don't make me cry, I have waterproof mascara on but I'm not taking my chances on it."

I chuckled. "Sorry, but its true." Wanting to break the awkward feeling I felt between us I smiled, looking at the large mirror to my left, bashfully. ". . .who am I walking down with again?"

She giggled, shoving my shoulder and I stumbled back a few steps. "You're lucky I'm in a dress or I'd be kicking your ass, Two tones."

"Thank God." I bent down and petting the soft fabric. "Thank you . . . you just saved my life." Looking back up I composed myself, returning to towering over her, clearing my throat loudly. "But seriously, I forgot."

She rolled her eyes, chuckling under her breath. "Cassandra Nilson, she was in here before you came."

"Oh." I stuffed my hands in my pockets, trying to act casual. "She seems nice."

"She is," she shrugged a shoulder. "A little crazy, but she's sweet."

I nodded as I imagined my day with Parker's best friend and sighed. "Well, Two Tones should be going, Dreadlocks and Marriage Boy needs him."

Parker actually laughed. "Go to their rescue, Two Tones."

Parker's P.O.V