Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Keep A Secret And Gimme Them Shirts

Jon and I sat on the couch, watching the horror movie, Insidious so far Colby was the only one screaming like a little girl every once and while I'd hide my face or close my eyes and tense.

A creepy face popped up on the screen and I screamed, latching onto Jonathan's arm. He glanced down at me and chuckled. I glared at him. "Shut up, its impressive against Colby's little girl screams every 5 minutes."

Colby looked up at me from the floor next to Joe, looking offended. "Hey!"

"Its true!"

"Shut up!"

"You shut up, you wuss."

He grumbled, turning back to the flat screen TV crossing his arms, pouting. I laughed at him.

After it was over I slowly clapped, breaking the silence. "Movie two."

Colby grabbed the remote. "Lets watch The Notebook!"

"Dear God, not again . . ." Jon groaned.

"Too bad." Colby said, playing the movie.

I sat there shaking my head the whole time.

~~~~

Joe fell asleep during the movie and Colby was on the verge of falling asleep. He was leaning on Joe's shoulder, his eyes droopy. But Jon and I were wide awake. We kept looking over at them until Colby was asleep.

"Finally." Jon muttered, turning the TV off. It went pitch black all around us. "I hope you don't mind."

"No . . ."I trailed off, hugging my knees as I grew cold.

"Are you shaking?"

"No."

"Alright, come here, I'm too damn lazy to get a blanket for you."

"That's so cliché, even for Dean Ambrose." I said, but scooted over to him, his arms found me and pulled me into him. His chest vibrated with a soft laugh.

"I know."

I laid my head on his collarbone, staring off into the pitch blackness. After a long peaceful silence I finally blinked and shifted my head so I was looking up at the face that was above mine, meters away, even though I couldn't see him. "Jonathan?"

"Yeah?" He asked, tiredness lacing his amazing voice, I had caught him dosing off.

"Can I tell you something that no one else really knows about me?"

He shifted, the sound of clothes crinkling was deafening against my ear and the silence, he rested his chin on the top of my head. "Sure."

"My name isn't....Astrid." I admitted quietly and nervously.

His jaw flexed on my head, probably making a weird face like he always does. "What is your name?"

"Parker." I whispered, ashamed, my real name was Parker, I had a boy name, when my parents named me they purposely did that to me so my life would a living hell at home and away from home. They just hated me and I have done nothing other then be born and be their frickin slave I lost my virginity at six! SIX! I was six years old.

"What? Did you say . . ."

"Parker." I repeated, saying it at the same time with him. "Parker, see I told you my family hated me, I was given a frickin guy's name, I started telling people my name was Astrid because it was such a pretty and uncommon name, I love ancient Greek and I love the stars, I used Astrid because it defined my likings and personality, Astrid was a girl I dreamed myself to be, but I'm only Parker, Parker Hunter, a nobody that no one knows."