Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Home Not So Sweet Home

I shoved Jon, waking him up. "Wake up! We're at the hotel."

I looked out the window. Cincinnati Ohio. Home. I sighed, it was my first time back in eight years.

Jon tapped my shoulder and I looked at him. "How's it feel to be home?"

I shrugged. "Alien, I haven't been home in eight years. Home home anyway."

I stood up, reaching up to get my backpack and duffel bag, Jon just stared at me like I grew a second head. "Eight years?"

I nodded. "I left for LA at 18 and was never missed."

"You got out of that house the very moment you could, didn't you?"

I nodded again, stepping into the aisle.

"And in those eight years not one single call from home?"

I shook my head. "Not a single one."

"That's . . . harsh. I mean, I still get calls from my family." I looked back over my shoulder at him and sighed.

"Lucky you."

"Maybe you should go see them."

I went ridged. The very thought of me seeing my family again absolutely terrified me. I started shaking, turning back to the long line of wrestlers and divas slowly and patiently getting off or waiting to get out of their seats. "I-I-I I don't think I can do that."

"I'll go with you."

I looked at him. "I-I don't know . . ."

He embraced me from behind, whispering in my ear. "Shh, its ok Parker, calm down."

I still shook, fiddling nervously with my wrapped hands. "I mean . . . everyone has to face their fears at some point . . ."

He kissed my neck. "You don't have too, I was just suggesting it."

"Only way to move on from your fears is to face them, Jonathan, either way I can't stop running from my family."

He sighed. "I'll be with you every step of the way."

I smiled as I got off, but it wasn't a happy smile, it was a nervous one. How would my family react to seeing me after eight years?

~~~~

I opened my hotel door, I was alone in my room, no other divas wanted to bunk with me. I didn't care, I preferred to be alone, it was nice.

I dumped my shit on the bed and got a phone book out, looking up my family.

Hunter, Kyle - 513-439-1065

I sighed and looked at the address, same place it always was, I closed the book, got up and walked out of my room, heading down the hall to the boy's room, knocking on their door.

Jon opened the door and I smiled at him. "C'mon, let's just get this over with."

"Now?" He asked, stepping out of his room, closing the door behind him. I nodded.

"Yeah, come on, faster we get there the shorter I'll have to stay."

~~~~

Jon and I sat in the truck, staring at my house.

It was your normal everyday house, gray, one storey, black roof, woods stood behind it, all normal, all hiding the domestic violence those people inside did to me.