Please Stay

-Kellin's POV-

"Yes" everybody in the room answered the tall middle-aged man dressed in a light blue scrubs, carrying a clip board.

He looked down at the board and questioned looking around the room, "Is there a Mike Fuentes here?"

I felt Mike jump up from his seat causing me to sit up straight, "Right here."

The doctor gestured him to come back into a room out of sight and Mike quickly followed, obviously nervous and worried about what he was gonna hear.

It hasn't taken long for Mike and the tall man to go out of sight leaving the small waiting room silent, so silent you could hear a pin drop.

I looked around the room at sad and worried faces not making eye contact with any of them, until I came to Jaime and almost immediately.

If he didn't want to kill me before this I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to now.

We sat there awhile just staring at each other. His eyes were red and bloodshot, he is skin around where he has been crying was puffy and red. I couldn't help but think about how close he and Vic were, what would happen to him if Vic wasn't going to be alright? How much of a mess would he be?

How would Mike act?

How would Tony feel?

What about the fans?

What about- I was snapped out of my thoughts by Jaime snapping his fingers in front of my face, "Kellin I need to talk to you, please." He smiled at me weakly.

I nodded my head and let him lead me to the slightly less crowded hallway.

"What happened Kellin?"Jaime asked, voice weak from crying.

I let myself slide into the floor do I could sit, Jaime doing the same. I cleared my throat and looked down trying not to get worked up again, "There was a girl that was walking off the street into traffic.." I trailed off. Jaime but his hand on my knee and squeezing it lightly, assuring me its okay to keep going.

"and I just looked at her until I understood what she was gonna attempt, so I shook Vic's arm trying to get his attention. He caught notice to the girl immediately and he-" I could feel my throat start to burn from holding back tears. "Jaime he ran after him." I choked out, letting tears flow down my cheeks.

"I'm so fucking sorry, that should have been me Jaime" I yelled into my hands, rocking myself back and forth.

"Kellin stop" I felt a cold hand on my shoulder, "it's not your fault" Jaime wraped me in his arms and rubbed my back attempting to slow my tears that had started to soak his shirt.

"But it is." I whispered into his chest, not loud enough for him to hear me.

We sat there for a what seemed like an hour until my tears started to subside and headed back into the small waiting room filled with the same worried faces.

Still no Mike. 

...

After 30 minutes of waiting Mike came out with red bloodshot eyes much like Jaime, Tony, and most likely myself.

"What's up?" A few spoke up.

"He's in a coma due to brain damage." Mike stated looking around the room.

"What?" I spoke up over everybody else's mumbles needing to hear the opposite of what I thought I'd heard.