Life Can do Terrible Things

"It shoulda been me in that car,

I should've been me instead of him I the dark."

~Kellin's POV~

I woke up to Jesse shaking me and telling me to wake up but I quickly refused, "Jesse, ill get up later just like me be." I urged for him to go.

But Jesse, being the stubborn shit he is refused to give up, "Kellin, you have to get up, we let you sleep in long enough. I know nows not the best time but we still have one more show 'till we can head home."

Home? How was this even going to work with Vic. I mean, did Mike call to inform his parents, his sister, or Frank? Kellin, you're being an idiot of course he called his parents. I guess they have to stay here right?

"Do you understand Kellin!" Jesse shouted making my head pound. Way to give me a headache.

"What time until we play ?" I asked, my voice scratchy and weak from crying.

"An hour." He paused, "Kellin, Ill take you to go see him right after we play. Deal?" Knowing exactly who he was referring to 'him' was, I nodded agreeing with him.

Soon after Jesse left I buried my face in my pillow that had recently been drowned in tears from last nights episode I tried to reassure myself, "He's going to be okay, he's going to pull through you need to stop worrying."

I rolled out of my bunk almost falling, but quickly gaining back my balance. I grabbed clean clothes, and walked into the small bathroom.

I began taking off my clothes I recently had to and began heading toward the shower until my reflection caught my reflection. I stared into the mirror taking in every detail about myself, every detail I'm beginning to hate. My eyes were bloodshot & red, my hair was sticking up in every direction, and my cheeks were flushed. "You're pathetic Kellin. Look at yourself." I muttered to myself.

I took one last look at myself before deciding it was best for me to head into the shower.

I felt the warm water instantly, waking me up a bit. I began to shampoo & condition my hair but somehow managing to get the soap in my eyes causing me to wince at the pain and rinse the soap out faster.

I quickly got dried off and put on my clothes that I recently picked out, nothing really just a gray anthem made tee and the usual black skinny jeans. I looked in the mirror one last time and teased my hair 'till I felt the least bit comfortable with my appearance.

I walked out into our small living area where the rest of the band was, "Ready?" I asked with a sigh as a put on my tons. I'm so happy today was the last day of Warped, I mean I love playing for the fans but you know... Vic and I haven't seen my little Cope in forever.

"Yeah"

"Yep"

"Yup"

"Heck yeah!" They all spoke up excited to put on a show, making me pull on a smile, a real smile.

We made our way to the stage, "Guys I want you to sing along for these few songs. Okay?" I questioned loud into the mic warning a yes.

----

"Ahh, looks like that's all the time we got. Hope you're all having a great time. Don't forget I love you." I yelled into the mic one last time before smiling my way off stage and making it to the bus with the guys.

The bus was silent though I don't know why, I though they'd be more hyped.

"You ready to go the hospital Kells?" Jesse spoke up, snapping me out of my thoughts and reminding me about Vic. Shit.

I could feel my stomach turning bringing tears to my eyes but I quickly found myself blinking them back, "Uh- Uh yeah." I said with nerves beginning to overtake me.

---

"Really?" I said with tears streaming down my face, I brought my hand to my tear stained cheeks and formed a bitter laugh, "You're lying."

"No Kellin, it just- just happened." Mike's voice was all over the place from crying.

Vic just had a seizure.

"Is-is he okay?" I choked out.

"They're trying to stabilize him. I called mom and pops, they're heading down here now." More tears slipped down his cheeks as we stood in Vic's room while he was being stabilized somewhere in this hospital.

I couldn't help but bring Mike over to Vic's bed and bring him into a hug, his head setting on my chest as he and I just sobbed, "What do I do Kellin? He's my big brother I still need him!" Mike sobbed loud as I held him.

"I'm so sorry, so, so , sorry Mike. I wish I could just - just snap my fingers and he'd be ok, he'd be there for us and the fans. This is-" I got cut off my Tony and Jaime walking in.

Mike unfolded himself out of my arms and walked over to the two bringing them in a hug, "Hey guys"

----

We sat for an hour & a half in until Vic was being brought back in buy a doctor and a nurse.

"Mike and friends?" The doctor spoke up.

Mike, Tony, Jaime, and I nodded our heads urging him to continue.

The man spoke up again, "Still no signs I'm improvement." Giving us a sympathetic smile he left for that to sink in.

My heart broke and we all looked at each other in shock and looked at Vic when we heard a knock on the door, "Come in." Mike spoke in almost a whisper.

Another knock.

"Come in!" Mike snapped and the door shot open, "Mom; Pops?" He snood up then brought the two into a hug and leg it all out.

I saw Vic and Mike's parents part from the hug and turn to Vic's almost lifeless body, their mom instantly ran over to Vic and on the other hand their pops just fell to his knees and that's when I broke down again seeing how broken they were.

Mike frantically tried to calm them, as did Tony and Jaime. I just sat there and stared at them feeling helpless as more tears streamed down my cheeks and fell from my chin,

I quickly walked over to the door and didn't look back at the horrible scene I walked out into the silent hallway and dialed Jesse's number, with a few rings he finally answered, "Jesse you have to pick me up I-I can't be here any longer." I spoke frantically into the phone, pacing back and fourth.

"Yeah-yeah ill be right there. Shit I should've just stayed." Jesse spoke fast and hung up the phone.

I was still pacing until I heard the door open, "Kellin, it's alright now, you can come back in."

I cleared my throat, "Mike I don't know if they'd want to see me."

He gave me a look that- well told me that I'd have to go back in there and talk. It wasn't until he confirmed what I thought for me, "You're going to talk to them." He walked back to the door and motioned for me to go on.

I sat in front of Mike and Vic's parents, facing them. It was quiet until Mr. Fuentes coughed I immediately looked up to his flushed face , "Uh Kellin, that is your name right?." He spoke.

"Yes." I said in almost a whisper.

"Mike was telling me about how you was there to witness what had happened to Vic and-" he was cut off by his wife.

"Even though the whole family isn't here we'd like to tell you this isn't your fault." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Thank you, I know." I lied.

There was three knocks on the door and I knew exactly who it was so I was stood up and shook the elder Fuentes' hands, ignoring Mike, Tony, Jaime, and Vic's body before rushing out the door to Jesse, "Take me to whoever's car you brought and help me find an hotel."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Well Fuck.