I'm Just A Moment

I looked down at our intertwined fingers with mixed emotions. I as shocked of course but also happy. A smile stretched across my face but it wasn't to long until I started second guessing myself. Maybe he just twitched? Maybe I only thought he did? I - is somebody calling my name?

"Kellin!" Mike snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him standing on the other side of Vic. I ugh... "Kellin, hello." His voice was frantic. Well fuck, talk, "Mike I think he squeezed my hand." I said as more of a question than a statement.

He looked at me with a blank expression, "Are- you sure?" He asked, not taking his eyes of his brother.

"Mike, I think." I said.

It didn't take long until a nurse and a doctor came in at Mike's request to examine Vic, "Mr. Fuentes." He smiled looking at Vic and I's hands and up to Mike who had been biting his finger nails, "May we take Vic to get a few scans?" The tall-black haired boy in light blue scrubs asked Mike.

Mike was tapping his foot nervously, "Of course, anything." He put on a small smile.

I untangled Vic and I's fingers and watched as they took him out of the room.

I hope that I wasn't imagining things.

I took a seat in the chair that's been sitting on the left side of Vic's bed since he first came here and watched as Mike pulled out his phone to call I'm guessing his parents, "Hey-yeah-Mom," he smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen. "I think he's gonna be okay.-uh huh-yeah-ok see you later, love you!" He ended the conversation and walked over to the door to c in Jaime & Tony.

Mike told them about what happened and I've been sitting here feeling out of place. I could go to the hotel like before but I need to hear about Vic..

----

An hour and a half later Mike, Jaime, Tony, the Fuentes' parents, and I where sitting in Vic's room. I didn't speak to any of them, I sat in uncomfortable silence until there were a few knocking on the door. The previous black-haired doctor and the nurse came in with Vic, old a few papers which I think is the results, "Fuentes family and friends?" He questioned looking down at a clipboard, though I'm positive he knew. They all looked at him and nodded.

I sat up in my chair and glanced at Vic, I tensed up. He looked.. Better, It's just that I try to avoid looking at him since it only fucks with me remembering that day.. The blood, cuts, scrapes- the doctor spoke up, cutting me out of daze.. "It looks like Vic's getting better, this is a strange case. I've never seen somebody get well, so fast after being in such a critical condition for so long. We still don't know when he's going to wake up."

At this point everybody in the room had a little more life in their dull, dreary eyes, including myself.

Vic's getting better and that's all I needed to hear to remind me to keep living my life.

The doctor and nurse left us alone to continue the visit. The room had a lot less tension an more smiling faces.

"This is great." Jaime said and Tony nodded in agreement, that guy doesn't talk much. Mike smiled at him then over to his parents, "Vic's getting better." he said looking at his parents but meant it for himself.

"I can't wait to see my boy wake up." Mr. Fuentes smiled over at Vic and yawned.

I heard Mrs. Fuentes laugh, "We should get going old man, you need to rest!"

He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, "Let's get going old woman." He joked, making me laugh.

I've always thought about how nice it would be to have a a relationship like they do. It'd be amazing to be able to joke around whenever, steal kisses, feel the warmth of being in the same bed together snugged into each others arms. Most importantly, to love.

I know who I want that with though, I want that with Vic. I love him after being through all of this I realized I had.

I watched as the Fuentes parents said their goodbyes and made their way to me. I smiled looking up at the two.

Mr. Fuentes brought me to my feet to shake hands properly. "Goodbye Kellin!" He shook my hand and I held out mine to shake Mrs. Fuentes'. "Bye Mr & Mrs. Fuentes." I smiled.

"Oh Kellin you don't have to address us that formal hunny, call me moms and my husband pops. We're used to that anyway." Mrs- I mean moms said and I nodded my head, "See you later moms and pops!" I smiled again and slid back into my chair.

I watched them make their way to Vic, each of them kissing his forehead and telling him that they can't wait to see him open his eyes.

Tell me about it.

____

I'm happy with this, are you?

I wrote this while watching waves crash into the shore in Ocean City, Maryland.(:

Oh hey remember to check out my Jalex fic, it's up on my profile.