Be Your Everything

I woke up to the ringing sound of my phone. I didn't bother to check the caller ID so I reached over to my bedside table and answered it, "Hello?" I asked with through a yawn.

I heard Mike's frantic voice on the other line, speaking a bit too loud and mumbled, "Wait what?" I asked sitting up on the bed, rubbing my eyes "Just get to the hospital." He said.

You didn't have to tell me twice. I rolled off my bed and slid on a plain blue shirt, with the same skinny jeans as yesterday. I looked into the mirror to make my hair look presentable and noticed how I still look like shit.

I sighed taking one last glance at myself before grabbing my keys before barging out the door and jogging to the hospital. (I didn't have my car because we would travel on the bus.)

The hospital was just around the block and my throat was beginning to burn from taking in deep breathes, so I began jogging.

There where so many questions going through my head and I was really worried. What if he's dead...What if I lost him?... How would I be able to cope?

I caught my breathe and ran up through the hospital entrance, up to the woman sitting at the front desk, "Can I go see Vic Fuentes now?" I asked, breathing all over the place.

She gave me a small smile, "Yeah, go ahead, he's in"- I cut her off with a thank you. It's been five weeks, I know his room number by heart.

Once I made it up to Vic's hallway I watched as his parents, a few friends, Jaime, and Tony walked out of his room with tears streaming down their cheeks.

I stood in place, looking at them from down the hall. "Please, god no." I said under my breathe, falling on to my knees.

I stayed like that, sobbing into the hands until I heard somebody yell my name, Mike.. "Kellin" he yelled and I looked around the hallway and observed it, it was cleared of friends and all was left was his parents. I redirected my glance up at him, he had a smile plastered onto his face as he gestured me to walk his way. I obliged, but almost fell weak at my knees.

Soon enough I was there, outside Vic's door, looking at Mr- I mean moms, pops, and Mike's now blank expressions. I was about to speak up when I was pushed into Vic's room- no, literally PUSHED.

I stumbled back into his room, tripping backwards, the door shut, and I heard a gasp coming from behind me.

I was still on my back, with my arms propping me up, and facing the door. I slowly and hesitantly turned back to see who it was from.

"It can't be." I said under my breathe, shocked.

It was Vic. My Vic.... Awake. "Is- is-Vic?" I stuttered out. I felt tears prick from my eyes as I stared at him in disbelief.

He chuckled, showing off his smile. Oh how I missed seeing it, "Uh I think it's me? My names Vic? Yeah... I know my names Vic." I continued staring at him until he spoke up again, "Nice to see you too, Kellin." He said sarcastically, looking down. I quickly got off the floor and I let the tears fall.

I brought him into my arms, rocking him and I back and fourth. It was really him, my Vic. "I missed you so, so much." I said through sobs.

He put his arm around me, positioning us to where my head was on his chest, "I'm sorry." His voice cracked and I heard him sniffle.

I lifted my head up and cupped his face in my hands, just appreciating that he was here, that he was alive. He doesn't need to be sorry, no, not at all.

I looked into his slightly bloodshot eyes and rubbed small circles on his cheek, "Don't be sorry," I smiled, "and don't cry." I kissed his forehead.