Three

I try not to fold in on my self as the Commanders head snaps in my direction. "What?" He barks out.

Gods he's intimidating. I half to clear the fear from my throat, "Expeto Ignis Eligere." I say a little louder.

"She knows the language of the old. Who is she?" His dark eyes take in my features as he speaks to the old man.

"I do not know who she is. She's barley spoken at all but when she does it's the old tongue." The old man chuckles out, enjoying this.

"Who are you?" The Commander barks out taking a threatening step towards me.

I streak of black comes from behind me. I like to say I was unaffected, but I squeaked like a mouse.

It's the cat standing between me and the Commander. It lets out a vicious growl that seems to shake the caves walls. I jerk back almost topping over the chair I am, as the Commander puts distance between us surprise written on his tough face.

"She's a warrior." His eyes bounce between me and the cat.

"So it seems." The Gate Keeper chuckles.

"But she's just a child."

See told ya I'm small. Most people who don't know me think I'm fourteen or something when actually I'll be seventeen in about a month depending on what today is.

Gods are their days even similar to mine.

Fed up I yell, "Expeto Ignis Eligere!" The cat adds a growl to it making it seem more meaningful. I give him a nod of thanks.

"Finn." The Commander yells out.

A boy appears from what I expect is the exit to the cave. He seems about my age with a mop of curly brown hair. He's in the same type of leather armor as the Commander, but the boys seems to be newer, just without the odd swirls.

He give a bow of his head, "Yes, Sir."

"Go fetch the Ingnis Eligrer."

"Yes, Sir." Finn raises his head and spots me. He gazes at me for a moment, but he takes of with a stern look from the Commander.

"What have you learned so far Gate keeper?" He asks taking the seat furthest from mine.

"Ummm. Let's see. She knows the old tongue, she's a girl, a warrior with a bonded...."

"Something I don't know." The Commander snaps.

The Gate Keeper winks at me, "She didn't know where she is and if you ask her a question, She sometimes shakes her head yes or no. She came out pretty banged up too."

"When did the fire cat get here?"

"Three days ago and didn't leave the doorway to the Gate till she came out." They both look towards the cat and back at me.

Me being uncomfortable would be an understatement.

"It healed her?" The Commanders dark eyes are glued to my face.

I shift in my seat, which alters the cat who lets out a warring growl grabbing my attention.

It's like the thing knows how I feel.

"Yes. And it seems they're quite bonded already." The Gate Keeper chuckles.

He seems to find everything funny which is quite frustrating to me.

Bonded. Heal me. Nightmare. This is just one crazy nightmare.

I take a peek at the cat hearing it move. It's setting up watching the Commander closely with those intelligent ember eyes.