Part 15

I twirl the glōwan leaf in-between my fingers. It's still glowing just as bright when Ryland showed me minutes ago. I can't quite looking at the emerald green light. This is just awesome.

"Hey. Can I call you Ry?" I ask him walking to catch up to his fast pace.

"No." He snaps out in that deep voice.

I flinch and fall back a couple of steps behind him.

My eyes tear up and I have no idea why. He doesn't know me. I don't know him. I don't even now why I asked that other then it just felt right. I ignore the tug, tug in my gut and the pain in my heart. Why does it hurt?

He stops and I stop, looking at his strong back.

He turns around and I flinch.

His dark eyes flash red, "Look I'm sorry. This is hard on me too." He sighs looking at me. Actually looking at me for the first time.

His dark eyes soften and he steps towards me.

The tugging gets stronger.

"I thought you were dead Ariea. Dead." He hands roll up into fist. "But your not." He looks at me something going through his eyes.

"I'm not Ariea." I whisper, crossing my arms.

His eyes turn hard again. "No, I guess you wouldn't be."

He turns around and starts walking, no more like stomping through the forest. I follow slowly behind him.

"What you said back in the tent. The prophecy. Is that one of the reasons I was sent away?"

Air heats.

"Ariea was sent away on a suspicion." He scoffs moving faster.

"A year before you where born the wise women came to tell a tale." He bits, " Girls will finally be born and among them will be the Aether."

I step over a patch of glōwan leafs, "What do you mean finally?"

He cocks his head, marching on, "She really didn't teach you a thing. There was a dry spell with girls being born. A year went by. Then two then three. Everyone was starting to panic with only boys being born. No one ever found out why no girls were being born, but many thinks it's because of the prophecy. So when the wise woman sprouted off those words and a year later over pregnant women started having girls again. They're treasured. Those few girls. Many of them started going missing all because of a few words from an old lady on her death bed. Everyone wanted the power that would come with the Aether. You got sent away and I was told my Electus was dead." He spats out.

I remain quite following him. All of this. My whole life in lies because some old women whispered a few words.

"Why does everyone thinks it me?" I mumble seeing the camp coming into view.

"It was just a thought that you could be."

My eyes lock on Derrick and Quinn at the edge of camp.

The tugging comes full force. A pull to Ryland on my right and a pull to Derrick.

Ryland stops thirty steps from Quinn and Derrick. He looks at me out of the corner of his eyes, "That gods awful tugging you were screaming about is your bodies way of telling you that you've found your other half. Your Electus. Normally it's only one. The wise women's words said the Aether will have four. Two of friendship. Two of love. It looks like you've found your two."

He stalks off into camp leaving me opened mouthed. Other half. Four. My hands go into my hair and I pull. This can't be happening.

"Hey." Derricks voice has my body jerking towards him.

I ground my feet into the ground. "I can't do this." I mumble looking into his silver eyes.

"Yes you can." He steps to me hand landing softly on my elbow.

"I'll help you." My eyes zone in on those soft lips that slowly turns up into a smile.

"You don't even know me." I whisper as he moves closer. My body tugging me to him till we're chest to chest.

"It doesn't matter. My soul knows you."

He leans down eyes on my lips. My tongue slips out licking my lips.

Boom.

I gasp and jerk back looking up at the sky.

"Is that a fireball?'

"Ryland's doing." Quinn mutters walking towards us, "He has a temper."

"Ya don't say."

Quinn smiles at me, "Come on."

We walk back to camp. Four. Four guys. My other halves. The ruler of the Ingis Gen. This is gods, I just don't know.

________

Bello  everyone.  How's  reading  going?

I  hope  you  enjoyed  this  short  part.  If  so...

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share.

Due  to  the  many  books  I  have  going on..  I'm  going  to  be  doing  something  new. 

Five  votes.  Five  comments.  Get  a  new  part  published.  Because  I  have  so  many  books  I'm working  on  so  I'm  going  to  be  concentrating on  the  ones  that  get  read,  stars,  and  comments,  (I  know  people  want  to  read  those.)  To  know  this  is  one  of  the  more  read  stories  of  mine,  five  votes  and  five  comments  will  get  it  an  update.

Thanks  so  much.

Happy  reading.

Till  next time

~ash