Unedited Part 17

Its chaotic when I step out of the tent. My eyes widen as people rush by moving in every direction. I feel shaky and blame it on the chaos when I really know it's the fact that Derricks leaving. Why is that bothering me so bad? I shake my head on move into the mess of moving people. I dodge two guys with a trunk, go around people and look for a familiar face.

"Hey yeah."

I jerk around and see Amy. A sigh flutters from my chest.

"Is it always this way?" I mumble ducking out of the way of more trunks.

"Only when it's time to go home." Amy smiles. She grabs my hand, "Come on. Quinn's looking for you."

I let her drag me through the chaos to the outer edges of camp where Quinn and Ryland are standing.

I bit my lip. They haven't seen us yet but it's a matter of seconds before the tugging will start. I move one more step and fill it in my belly. Pulling me to Ryland. He feels it too. His relaxed body becomes hard as he looks our way.

"Found her." Amy says turning on her heel and leaving.

I cross my arms tight. Squeezing myself as the tugging gets stronger. Electus. What a stupid thing? Chewing on my jaw, I wondering if we should just complete this stupid bond. Would it spot my guts from trying to rip themselves out of my body? No, that wouldn't work. I don't want to be bond to someone who hates me.

"Good you're here." Quinn says.

"Yep, I'm here." I grumble looking anywhere but at Ryland's flaming eyes.

"You and Ryland our going to travel separate from the rest of us." Quinn says picking up a black bag off the ground.

I jerk, "Wait. What? Why?"

I don't want to be alone with him. Nope. No thank you. From his look alone he wants to roast me and I believe he could do it.

"Safety reasons."

I choke, "That's not safety. Safe means big numbers. That's safe."

"Not around here it's not." Ryland's Smokey voice flows across my skin and I step in his direction.

I grunt, bit my lip, digging my feet into the ground. I don't want to get closer to him. Not really. Even though my body is demanding it.

"He hates me." I screech looking at Quinn desperately.

"He doesn't hate you. Do you?" Quinn looks to Ryland with a raised eyebrow.

Ryland's square jaw is tight. His eyes hard.

He sighs and looks at me, "I don't hate you. I hate how everything turned out."

"There you go." Quinn nods handing me the bag.

It dangles from my hand, "But."

"Off you go." Quinn smiles walking back to camp.

I watch him walk away. My heart pounding and pounding. The pulling tugging and tugging. There is no way this is going to work.

"Come on." Ryland murmurs.

I turn back towards him. He's stalking off in the trees away from the path. I gulp sling my bag onto my back and run to catch up to him.

This can't be happening. He does hate me. I can feel it coming off him in wave after wave. Battering my already wounded heart. I don't understand why I care so damn much. I shouldn't care. I never have before. Cared that is what anyone thought of me. But knowing he hates me makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry and that just pisses me off.

"This doesn't have to be hard."

I look over at him, "What?"

"This. Between us. It doesn't need to be hard."

I scoff kicking a rock, "You're making it hard."

He stops suddenly spinning around. I stop short my breath freezing in my lungs. What's he going to do? I shift from foot to foot. Nervous.

He looks at me. Hate and something soft fighting in his dark gaze.

He walks over to me slowly his arms grabbing a hold of my shoulders. I squeak and try to pull away.

"Stop, just stop." His soft tone has me stopping, considering those flamed filled eyes.

I gasp at his lips come down on mine. His tongue sneaking into my mouth. I moan as it rubs against my own. My hands coming up into his thick hair. I tilt my head as he grips my hips pulling my flush against his hard body.

I jerk backwards, trying to pull away as the taste of blood fills my mouth, coming from his tongue. He holds me harder to him moaning. A yelp falls from my mouth to his as he bits my lip hard enough to draw blood. He sucks it into his mouth.

A fire alights every never ending in my body. I moan and jerk in his strong hold as he breaks the kiss. My knees shake and my legs turn to jelly.

"What do you do?" I'm breathless staring into his face.

"What needed to be done." He rumbles.

He drops me. I fall on my butt with a hard thud. Wincing from the pain, watching as Ryland stalks off to a nearby tree. His board back to me.

To complete the bond of an Electus you must share blood between the two. That's what he did. He bit his tongue. My lip. Sharing blood between us. He made the bond between us. A bond I did not want.

My hands screech the forest floor. I wrap my hands around a large rock and climb Shakely to my feet.

I walk towards him. Rage boiling in my body. My arm cocks back and I slam the rock on the side of his head. He scrapes his face falling down the tree out cold.

My eyes narrow as I stare at the red on his lips. They missed up. They, he thought I was some pansy little girl. But I'm not. Not at all.

I pull my leg back, kicking him in the belly and drop the rock. I start jogging in the opposite direction of the way Ryland was leading us.

I sat there. I took everything everyone told me. I dealt with it. But this. No this was it. I might be stuck in this world. In their world but that doesn't mean I must listen to them. To their rules.

I land in a small creak with a splash and start stalking up river.

I was taught to survive be it here or there. I'm a survivor and will do anything to make that happen. Even if it meant hitting Ryland in the head, knocking him out cold and going off on my own. I learned enough from camp. I will survive this world with out them.

------

Bello :)

Thanks for reading.

If you enjoyed this please...

vote

comment

share

Bye 'waves'