*Part 14*

Everything is a blur as I run out of Ryland's tent. I head straight for the trees. The woods that were created for giants. Just another difference in this place. Elementum.

The word tastes dirty in my mouth. Something to spit out and never taste again.

I push myself harder as I run through the woods. No direction in mind. A need to get away. Tears fall freely from my eyes.

My legs pull and cramp. My breathing is fast and short. The thudding of my feet sends vibrations to my throbbing head. I still tread on. Push myself harder. Can I out run this nightmare?

Why would she lie to me? For seventeen years. How could a person that supposedly love me lie for that long. I don't understand it.

I was born here. I'm a princesses here. Why take it all away from me? Because of a kidnapping? Nothing makes any sense. Even if I did get answers could I trust them?

Tears start to smear my vision. I stumble, catching myself and just keep going. Running from the lies. From the deception and deceit. From everything.

My Custo. A keeper. Is what she was. Not my mother. Not even a blood relation. Someone who was picked for the job. Someone my family thought would be best. Would raise me better. Raise me for what my position. They were wrong. She taught me nothing of this place. I'm just like a new born baby in the world for the first time.

I laugh. An awful gritty sound full of misery.

I stumble again. Falling to my knees. This time I don't get up. I have nothing left to give. Nothing.

I lay on the leafy forest floor. My hand curled in the soft dirt and silk like leafs. My gasping pants the only sound.

How could they?

Who am I now? So many things is seems. Basil. A princess of the Ingis Gen. The Aether and what is an Aether? My fingers push deeper into the dirt. I squeeze my eyes shut.

Why would they think this was best? They couldn't hidden me in so forgotten valley or protect me better. Why send me to Earth? To a place that has no similarities to here. I don't think they had a clue what they were doing.

I jerk at the sound of snapping branches. A wild animal? Will it put me out of this heart ach. This lost fullness.

"Stop your melancholy." A gruff voice snaps from above me.

I just want to go back to bed. My thoughts a world wind. Trolling from one thing to another. Who am I? What will this place make me become?

"Hey." A male snaps.

I feel a nudge on my head and flick my eyes up.

Ryland. Now that I've seen him. Smell his campfire scent that pulling in my gut starts up again. Tug. Release. Tug. Release. Tug. Release. Over and over and over.

What is that?

I still don't move watching his eye light with fire. It's mesmerizing as the red and orange hues come and go. Dance and spin.

I watch as pity flashes across his normal stern face. He lets out a gust of air and settles in the dirt beside my head.

Tug. Release. Tugg. Release. Tugggg. Release.

I bit my lip as the tugging gets stronger and just watch him. Ryland picks up a bright green leaf from the forest floor. It glistens like a gem. He holds it's stem with the tip of his fingers. His right hand come up, fingers sliding over the leaf.

My eyes widen. No it's not my imagination. The longer he runs his fingers along the left the brighter it gets. Soon it's glowing, a bright green.

I get up on my hands and knees, crawling closer as the leaf gets brighter and brighter.

"What is it?" I breath. I know it's a leaf but normal leafs don't glow like a light.

"It's a glōwan. They only glow when they fall from the Beorht trees." He says lightly.

"I know this is hard on you Basil." He says carefully, "Frack it's hard on all of us. Being here isn't a bad thing though. It might seem like it at time, but look." He waves the glōwan around making it look like a light saber. "There is many beautiful things here. It's not all bad. You need to only find them."

I look up at him. His dark curly hair. The soft small on his lips, the stumbling along his defined jaw line. Maybe I already found my beautiful thing.

"You can get through this." He states getting up.

I stay on my knees. He's right. All of the bad things have happened to me and it could be worse, get worse but that doesn't mean I have to give up. Lose myself.

I get up and take the offered glōwan leaf from his lean fingers. I fall into step next to him the glowing leaf at my side and maybe just maybe something that could be my beautiful entity.

___________

Ah. I know I know. This is really really short. sorry about that. I wanted to give you guys at least a little something since it's been so long. and I've ran out of time. :( I will make it up though.

STAR

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE.

Thanks so much for reading.

Till next time

~ash