Eight

"What do you think they're talking about?" I ask Leon, never taking my eyes off Derrick and Quinn.

"Who knows?" Leon gives a shake of his head

Derrick and Quinn have been arguing back and forth for a good twenty minutes. Every so often the shoot me a glance.

"Who is he anyways?" I ask chewing on my bottom lip.

Leon gives me an amused look with a wiggle of his eyebrows, "That would be Prince Derrick Grey of the Aeris Gen, heir to the thrown."

My mouth is wide open and my eyes are round as saucers. A Prince. A real freaking Prince. Dread pools in my body. I snapped at him. Gods should I of bowed.

Leon chuckles, "Are you alright?"

My mouth opens and closes like a fish, but I finally mange to squeak out, "You guys have Princes here?"

I get another one of those alien looks Leon gives me when ever I ask something that I should already know.

"Hmm, Yes, There are a total of three Princes."

My eyes narrow, "What was that look?" I wave my hand around his face. He's not telling me something.

"There was a Princess, she went messing when she was a baby."

"Oh my gosh. That's terrible. Does anyone know what happened?"

He gives me a grim look, "No. She is presumed dead. It's been eighteen years."

Who would do that. Steel a baby. What's wrong with people. Her poor parents. That's just awful.

"So, What does Aeris mean?"

"Air." His eyes are roaming over my face, "Where did you say you are from?"

"I didn't." I say with a frown forming on my face.

I don't meet his eyes, instead looking back towards Quinn and Derrick. I hope they're almost done. Leon is starting to get specious of me and I don't know what to tell him. Last thing I need is to get in trouble with Quinn for saying the wrong thing. I think I'll just keep my trap shut. Quinn should of really gave me some information about this world. Like things that people here would generally just know.

"How did you meet Quinn?" Leon asks leaning up to look at my face.

I start worrying my lip again and decided to get up. I don't really think answer Leon's questions are a good thing and by the look on his face, I don't think he'll stop asking. I stand up and staring walking towards Quinn. Leon's protests falls on deaf ears as I wave him off a sensation in my gut pulling me closer to Derrick. It feels like something is tugging on me from the insideof my body. I don't like the feeling.

They take notice of me waling up to them and quite talking. I couldn't catch what they were saying any ways. They whisper better than I ever did. I always got caught in class trying to whisper and failing at it.

I stop six steps away from them looking at Derrick. I can't seem to take my eyes off him and with this thing pulling me to him makes it even more difficult. It's so confusing. I don't even know the dude or this world yet I want him in a way that I don't understand. It's scary. The way if feels like he's my world and me his sun. Why?

Those sliver eyes of his seem to harder as I run my eyes all over his face. I don't know how long we've been in out little staring contest when I feel a hand shake my shoulder jerking me out of this trance like stare, "Basil-"

I gasp out as soon as the hand touches me, the some burning feeling I felt when I first woke up in the cave takes over my body. Tears start to leak out of my eyes as the pain intensifies. I end up bracing my hands on my knees, bending over taking in deep gaps of air while the burn turns into a cold searing heat starting at my tail bone going clear up my spine ending at the base of my neck.

I faintly hear voices. One pissed off and the others worried. As I get my breathing under control and the pain starts to fade, I straighten up and take notice of the crowd forming around me.

Derrick is yelling at Quinn while everyone else in the small clearing are standing around me, eyes bouncing back and forth between me and Derrick yelling.

"Are you ok?" Leon's concerned voice comes from my right.

"Yep." I snap out breathlessly.

Upon hearing my voice the yelling ceases and they rush in closer to my side. Silver eyes zone in on me, looking me over from head to toe as I stand still panting slightly.

"What happened Basil?" Quinn asks, head tilting off to the side.

All eyes are on me. I'm in the spot light once again. I move from foot to foot. Great.

I shake me head, "I don't know. It happened when I first woke up too, the burning on my back. It hurt worse this time."

Quinn strides closer to me and with a finger tells me to turn around. I stand still. I know he wants to look at my back which is understandable. Something weird is going on but that doesn't mean I want every unknown man here to see also.

He sees my eyes flicking from person to person and finally understands.

"Get packed up." He barks out having everyone scrambling away except for Derrick and Leon.

I give him a small smile and turn around. With my back facing the three I get nervous. Someone pulls up my shirt. Three different gasps of air has me freezing up. Oh gods what is it. I cringe as the image of a alien sucking blood worm fills my mind stuck on my back.

"Bellus." Derrick mumbles.

I twist my head to try and look over my shoulder but can't see a damn thing.

"What is it?" I demand whine.

"Bellus." Leon echos Derricks earlier words.

What the crap is bellus?

~~~Thank you so much for reading. Please comment and vote. I love hearing from you. :)