Nine

"Beautiful" Derrick whispers softly.

Well, I'm guessing Bellus means beautiful. That still doesn't tell me what the hell is on my back. I wait a couple of seconds.

"Leon" I whine out.

"It's Runes." Leon says in a befuddle way. " I thought she's a norm."

A norm what the crap. What's a norm? And how in the crap can I have Runes. I'm not from this freaky place. Mums necklace sucked me into this world. Gods, I need answers like yesterday.

"No" Quinn replies.

"She's strong. That might be why she feels like my Electus." Derrick mumbles more to himself.

I black out everything else but the Runes. How in the world would I get Runes on my body. What does this mean for me? I pull away from Quinn, them all gawking at me is giving me the wheelies. I look down and to the side. There. The Runes curl around my hip bones in pale blue, purple and red- spreading up my back. I can't see much but what I do see looks like lace. Some spots are wider than others and the twist and curl. It's Bellus as Derrick said, but I want them gone. So much as already change and I want me. Myself to stay the same. This is utter bull.

I whip around, giving all three a death glare, "What the hell is going on? I want answers Quinn." Stomping my foot like a three year old for good measures makes me feel a little bit better.

They all take a step back at my hate filled tone and look at me then each other. I keep my evil look on Quinn. He looks down at the ground, gives his head a shake, up at the sky with another shake. Finally his gaze turns to my face.

"Alright. I'll answer your questions as we make our way to camp. If we're lucky we'll get there before night fall." He sighs out.

Quinn calls in the troops and I'm surround once more. Prince wraps his tail around my wrist as we move to the opposite trail from the one that brought us into the meadow.

I bit my tongue for as long as I can,which really is about a second.

"Why is he coming?" I whisper out next to Leon watching my feet cake up dust from the dirt path.

I'd rather not see Derrick come with us. He makes me nervous.

"I do not know." Leon says looking back over his shoulder at Quinn and Derrick following behind us.

Huh.

"So, what does Amor and Electus mean?" I've been wondering what those words meant. Derrick had a weird lit to his tone when he said them. I think it was weird for him.

Leon shoots me a smirk, "Amor means love and Electus means chosen."

My eyes widen and I stumble a step.

Love. Chosen.

I squint my eyes and try to ignore the pounding of my heart, "Why would he say those things? He doesn't even know me."

He shrugs his lean shoulders, continuing to watch the trees as we pass.

I stop and Prince does the same a second later. He tilts his head to the side watching me with those ember eyes. I shrug. If Leon won't or can't answer me, I'll get wait on Quinn. He after all said he'd answer my questions.

When they walk by me I fall in step with them on the other side of Quinn. I'd rather walk next to him than Derrick and that pulling.

I look straight ahead but ask, "Why would you say those things to me, Prince Derrick?"

The Prince part comes out a little question like. Its weird referring to someone as a Prince. Not to mention that's what I'm calling my souls-heart. Souls-heart that's still sounds freaky. Maybe I'll get use to it.

"I said a lot of things Basil." Comes that honey smooth voice that rattles my insides.

"What do you want to know?" Quinn jumps in before I get words out of my open mouth.

It closes with a pop. What do I want to know. Gods, last a loaded question if I ever did hear one.

"Everything?"

'''''Thank you for reading. Please comment I love hearing what you have to say. Vote. Those stars can make a person happy.