Seven

I don't know what happened. I was surrounded then a strong gust of wind blows through knocking all the men around me on their bums except for Quinn, who lets a growl rip from his throat.

What the crap? I look up and around. What is with this wind?

"I'm not going to hurt whoever you are hiding. I just want to see." Derrick has a child lit to his other wise cool voice.

Quinn seems to consider it. He steps aside leaving me and this stranger, Derrick face to face. I think we might be a foot or two a part. I don't really know. I have never been a good judge of distance. One of the many things that got on Mums nerves.

He can't see me very good from the thick cloak covering up my head and face but I notice him more. And I was right about the pretty boy greek God look.

God, I'm in trouble. I don't even know this guy and yet I want to get close to him. Touch his pale skin. Which scares the crap out of me. I've never had the urge to know or even get close to the opposite sex before. He's a different story. Is it just attraction or something more?

His Runes- thank you Leon for that tid bit of info-start to glow. The light silver brighten and turns darker and with a flick of his wrist a small gust of wind blows straight to my face bringing the scent of fresh rain with it.
The wind causing the hood of the cloak to flip backwards letting my face show and my raven black hair as it tumbles down around my neck.

His molten silver eyes lock onto my face and this adoring look comes over him with confusion mixed in. It scares me. Hell he scares me.

He takes a step towards in my direction, "Who are you?" It's like he breathed the words from deep within him. It sends these shivers clear down to my bones.

Before I even think of answering, Prince moves up to stand in front of me. I know it's not out of danger. Not physically anyways. I get this weird feeling or intuition that this man, Derrick wouldn't hurt me physically, now emotionally is a different story. Prince moved in front of me from the un-comfortable feeling Derrick brings out in me. Of the unknown.

Anger flashes across Derricks eyes, turning them hard.

Shiittt.

"Call off the cat Quinn. I'm not going to hurt her." Derrick snarls, looking at Quinn.

A slow smirk forms on Quinn's face, " I can't." He says happily.

Why would that make Quinn happy? And what makes Derrick think Quinn can control my Prince. That just makes me a teensy mad.

"Why?" Derrick tries to say calmly but fails. He is clearly ticked off.

"The cat is her souls heart." Quinn smiles great big like.

With that Derrick snaps his gaze back onto me. I get a tingle going up my spine as he stares at me.

What's his deal?

Fear and shock of some kind shows up on his face, "She can't be an Eligere. She's just a girl and a tiny one at that."

I roll my eyes. Everyone always focuses on my small size. I don't know what this Eligere means, but why does it matter to him if I'm one or not.

I square my shoulders a little bit. Trying to take on this I'm a badass look. "I'm Basil. What do you want?" I snap out clearly pissed about this, about everything really.

I fall back a couple of steps as one of the brutes with Derrick moves forward, "Why you little.. "

So much for me being a badass.

Derricks muscular arm slams up, stopping the man in his tracts. It looks could kill, then that man would be dead. "You will not speak to her that way." Every word is grounded out.

Oh my god. This place is so messing with my head. I look to Quinn not understanding what is going on or why Derrick would care how I'm spoken to. Quinn gives me a 'I have no clue shrug'. My middle finger comes up, not very lady like but Quinn is always so helpful , he needed a reward.

"Just to know you Amor." Derrick says to me, moving closer.

What the. It takes awhile for me to register he's just answering my question. Then I freeze. Uh. Why would he want to know me and furthermore what in the world does Amor mean.

Quinn knows. He comes to my side as soon as Amor, left Derrick smooth lips, pulling me behind him. Derrick shoots Quinn that same death stare he did the brute.

I just want all of this to be a dream. I'm going crazy not knowing anything.
Everyone here is so weird. This whole world is so weird and new.

"Its time for you to move along Derrick." Quinn states calmly.

Derrick opens his mouth but no words come out, as one of his men come to his side and whispers in his ear. The anger leaves Derricks face and is replaced with steel resolve.

He looks at Quinn, jaw clinched and bits out, "I can't." His eyes soften as they look at me peeking around Quinn's board back, then flickers back to Quinn, " She is my Electus." He spits out the word like it's something nasty.

I need a damn dictionary. I wonder if they have something like that here. It would be much appreciated.

Quinn flinched, but doesn't look surprised by Derricks words., "It has begun." He sighs

That does not sound good. Not at all.

"What has begun?" My voice shakes a little.

Quinn just looks at me, "Go with Leon Bay." He turns back and makes his way closer to Derrick.

I'm being dismissed. What the F. I could scream from the aggravation and the not knowing, but I hold it in and let Leon lead me back to our fallen tree seat.

This day is getting better and better.

~~~~~~

Please..

VOTE. Comment. Share and follow me if you haven't already.

Thank you. (Tips my hat to you)