Four

Even though my mind knows me being safe is quite unbelievable, my body feels another thing.

I relax and my tears start to fall. I hate crying and usually I'm not a very emotional person. But this night, day whatever it is has shattered that for the moment.

"How did you....."

Quinn interrupts with a no questions allowed tone, " Now is not the time Commander."

It shuts the questionnaire Commander right up. Quinn must be somewhat important to put a Commander in his place.

"Finn." The boy comes running back at Quinn's yell.

"Go to the Ignis camp. Ask for a cloak and Rylan. If he's not back yet ask for the first guards and do it quickly." Quinn snaps.

The boy Finn takes off on long legs.

Taking the chair next to me, Quinn sets down and with a much calmer tone asks, "What happened Basileia?"

Ugh. I hate my full name. " Basil. I go by Basil." I whisper snap.

He gives me a small smile, "Ok Basil. What happened?"

What happened. Gods what didn't happen would be a better question.

"I don't really know. Mom just woke me up and started dragging me through the forest. With daggers and shooting hand flames. There were men after us and she started saying weird things and giving directions and now I'm here. In this cave. I don't know who anyone is or what's going on. Or what that cat wants from me." I say all in one breath, pointing a finger at said cat.

Yeah, I'm acting a little crazy, but this is suppose to be a nightmare. Right.

He lets out a soft chuckle, "Everything will be explained eventually. Did you see what these men looked like?"

"No. It was to dark." Plus I was kinda scared. Ok really scared.

"Alright, what about your Cutos?"

"My what?" I ask confused at the word and not liking it. That's the word mom called herself. What does it mean?

"My apologies. What happened to your mom?"

"I don't know. She said she would be right behind me, but she's not here is she?" I turn to look at the Gate Keeper.

He shakes his head softly, "No dear she's not."

"But she's coming. Right?"

All three men share a look. One I don't like very much.

"No dear. The portal you stepped through more than likely imploded on its self."

"What? Portal? Why?" I ask breathlessly, my pulse going wild. Imploded. Gods that doesn't sound good.

"You need the help of a Gate Keeper to help you pass through. And you my dear did not have help."

"But she could come through another Gate." I say with resolve in my voice.

"No my dear that was the only Gate to the Earthen realm. And it's now destroyed."

"But she will. This is just a nightmare." I say still in denial.

They give me pity filled looks that squeeze my heart. Quinn is the one to dash 'this is a nightmare idea'.

"No, sorry Basil. This is very much the real deal."

I gasp and flinch at the reality of what's happening and stare off into space.

Mom. She's not coming. And me, I'm left alone, stuck here forever in this weird world. Elemental.

And she knew. Knew this was going to happen. It was the look in her eyes. My gut feeling. I never should of left her. I would still be there with her and far far away from this strange place I've found myself in.

"Basil honey. Everything will be fine." Quinn says gently.

I just shake my head. No everything will not be fine. I know nothing of this place. She promised. She's suppose to be here. Mom.

Nothing's going to be the same again. I can feel it, deep in my bones.

"Basil, here put this on. Once we get to camp we'll talk more."

Finn must of come back as I've been comatose to the things around me.

I look at Quinn, holding out a red blood cloak at me.

I can't do this.

'Where's your back bone Ba?"

Mom's voice echoes in my head.

My back bone. Gods mom said that to me all the time when whatever she was teaching was getting to tough and I just wanted to give up. Quote. But that stupid saying , 'Where's your back bone Ba' always, always sparred me on.

I'd sneer and say 'My back bone is right here.' And give whatever she thought I needed to know my all.

I wipe the tears off my cheeks. Blank out the fear and uncertainties from my face. I stand up, straighten my shoulders. I have my back bone.

I let Quinn help me into the cloak. He fixes the hood over my head, making sure all my hair and my face is covered.

"Come on." I start to follow him when something wraps around my wrist. My heart pounds and fear blooms in my gut. Glancing down I see that it's black. Following it with my eyes, I find the end. It's the beast of a cats tail. Wrapped around my very able to break wrist. I let loose a screech and try to jerk away with no luck.

There goes my back bone.

Quinn snaps around, "Whats wrong?"

"It grad me. Has me." I screech. Eyes wide. Pulse pounding.

Chuckling he answers me, "He's your souls heart. He wants to be close to you."

"Gods, what does that even mean?" I jerk my arm and the cat lets me go. I scoot away.

He chuckles again, earning him a glare, "Alright. He's a fire cat, by the way you need to name him. Souls heart or bonded animals come in many forms with the Leopard being the most powerful. He is bonded to you and you to him." Noticing my huh look he goes on, " Only Eligere warriors get a souls heart. They can feel the emotions of their warriors and also track them. The warriors can also feel their souls heart emotions. They like to be close to their bonded. They have healing powers along with their Gens power. He will protect you at all coast. Never fear him. Understand?"

Sure yeah. I give him a nod because I understand somewhat. This isn't normal to me and hopefully some can explain it better. He kinda sucks. Or it's my own mind not wanting to comprehend. Who knows.

"What does Gen mean?"

He lets out a sigh, "She didn't teach you anything did she." It's not a question, Just a statement that seems to upset him, "Gen means clan. No more questions till later."

I give a nod.

"Let's go."

I take a step to follow, when that tail wraps it's self around my wrist once more. What the H.

I wouldn't be so scared if the cat wasn't so freaken huge. It's head coming to my chest. I have a back bone. I nod at myself and some what ignore the tail, cat and trail Quinn out of the cave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¿¿¿~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking the time to read. I hope you enjoyed Chapter Four as much as I did writing it.

New parts will be posted after comment (s). I would gladly give a smile to votes and shares. Once again thank you :) Oh, and don't forget to follow me for future updates if you like what I have so far. :)