Chapter Eleven

Hey my lovelies! New update time!  Unedited but getting closer to the main plot line..... hope you enjoy

Previously:

I look up into the intruder's stormy grey eyes, glassy and dangerous with threat. I take a deep breath before leaning never to his ear.

"Never." I snapped back in defiance.

A shout was heard before I was pushed onto the floor, a sharp ring sounded as my head bashed against the unforgiving wooden boards.

"Oi! Looking for me?" A voice rang out through the café.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

I stared up at Caius as he walked towards us. I pushed myself off of the floor, my legs giving way slightly as I slipped on the split beverage. My head pounded as I stood, my vison blurring as I watched the man step towards Caius, knife in hand. Gasps rung out from the customers and I heard Molly scamper towards the phone on the back wall.

My fingers gripped the cool wood of the table as I pushed myself into a standing position. I could feel my hair stick to my head, liquid running down my cheek from my hair line. I pressed on hand against my head, drawing it into my line of sight to see blood smeared on my fingers.

"Oh, Clara." I heard, turning my head, I saw Molly glance my way, a sympathetic look in her eyes.

It was like slow motion. All I could hear was the soft ring which consumed my world. I stumbled, gripping the wooden booth tighter in my hands. With blurry vision I could see the fluid movements of Caius and the man hit each other in anger. The knife was knocked out of the man's hand.

I was scared. Not just for me, but for Caius. This man was unpredictable, dangerous. It made me question how much I knew about what happened the night Caius and I met. Was this one of the men who was chasing him? I would never be sure.

"Come on Denny, you can do better than that!" Caius laughed, brushing off his sleeve. The man wiped at his lip, spitting blood out onto the ground before tackling Caius down with a mighty roar.

Caius flew. His back crashed against the front doors, the glass shaking under the weight. He reached up and grabbed Denny's hair and pulled. Denny pulled back, his hand snaking around Caius' neck and squeezing tightly. Caius' face started to slowly turn a shade of red. I blinked away the blurriness. Constant punches were thrown between the two. Screams echoed throughout the café, and in that moment I was thankful Emilia was at nursery.

To say I was terrified was an understatement. After years of experience with violence from my father, conflict didn't go well with me. The thought of conflict made my stomach churn uncomfortably in fear and anxiety. I was frozen. Standing by the booth, my hand painfully clutching the wooden table top, I watched as people rushed to my side, prodding my head with a wet cloth and moving me to sit down. I couldn't take my eyes off of Caius. I couldn't help but wince whenever the man, Denny, landed a punch on Caius' body.

Caius chocked a laugh through the man's deathly grip on his neck, his fingers clutching Denny's hands, pulling frantically, in attempt to ease the pressure.

"You little punk," Denny sneered. "You owe me, boy!"

Caius chocked slightly. Looking over at me, I could see his eyes grow dull, the eye lids waffling slightly. I sprang up from my seat, wrestling the frantic arms off me.

"Let him go! Please!" I scream at the man, Denny.

Denny laughed a dark chuckle before, turning his head slightly towards me.