Chapter Eighteen

Hello my lovely lovelies!!!!! Welcome to another Chapter of "Ambivalent" Let the plot unwind and entertain your little creative minds!!!! I changed things up a bit for this chapter so I hope you like it if you did please remember to comment and vote and I will see you soon lovelies! Until next time, enjoy! <3

Chapter Song: "The Greatest" by Sia

Previously:

The sunshine in the morning was something wicked. Shielding my eyes, I turned my head away from the window to find Caius snuggled, still in yesterday's clothes to my left. Glancing over him, I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of his pocket. Reaching carefully around him I managed to wiggle to the paper from his jacket. Unfolding the small piece of paper, I glanced at it before gasping. I looked up at Caius sleeping form before glancing back at the picture once more.

In the photo was the man Caius shot yesterday as well as a small boy. The same brown hair and green eyes were staring back at me in the photo, as the man who lay beside me. The man looked down at the boy with smile, a hand placed on the five year old shoulder. I shivered. Looking back at Caius once more, I was certain. The boy in the photo was him.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

5 YEARS EARLIER

Caius approached the door with fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of rejection, fear of his father.

"Come in." The rough, deep voice of his father rang out through the door. He took a deep breath before pushing the door open.

"Mother said you wanted to speak to me?" Caius spoke, his head slightly bowed.

"Look at me son." His father demanded.

Carefully, Caius lifted his eyes to meet his fathers.

"Listen, you're what... 15 now?"

"16, father."

His father's brow creased for a moment, not liking Caius defiance. "Of course, even better."

He then stood; making his way around the dusty office Caius had been summoned to and rested against the edge of the desk top, crossing one foot over another.

He gestured to the plush leather seat in front of him. "Sit, Caius."

"Yes father." Caius sat his hands on his lap, his palms sweaty.

"Listen, Son. I think we both know why you're here." He spoke, his demanding voice beating down on Caius.

"Father?" Caius frowned.

The man in front of Caius sighed, running a hand across his forehead and muttered. "Lord forgive me for what I am about to do."

Caius' father turned back to him before standing up and gesturing Caius to follow. "Come, boy."

There was a door on the right wall of the office where a bolted padlock kept curious eyes out.

"You shall no long call me your father, Caius. After today I am nothing but a man trying to earn a living, you are nothing to me, got it?" He demanded before gripping the top of Caius' forearm and shoving him in the room. Padlocking it shut, he left Caius in the dark.

"This work is not for the faint hearted, and I'm afraid your mother has made you too soft, boy. You must learn to defend yourself." He opened a slot at the bottom of the door. Caius could see the plush carpet of the office, not even five feet from him. Caius could see the clear line between carpet the concrete which now chilled his feet, spreading through his clothes and clinging to his skin.