Chapter Twenty One

Hello my lovelies, welcome back to another update!! !I told you I would be updating more often now I have a break in between university semesters. :) This chapter is unedited, as usual. Please feel free to comment any thoughts, vote and share with your friends!!! Enjoy Sunshines! x -K

CHAPTER 21

Chapter song: The 1975- Somebody Else

Clara's POV.

When I was younger my mother told me falling in love felt like standing in quicksand. One second you're standing on solid ground, wearing your favourite shoes, and the next second its consumed you. Depending on which type of love you fall into depended on how quickly you sank into Cupids arms.

I used to hide behind the stair rail and watch as my mother father spoke in soft whispers to each other as they slow danced in the dull kitchen light. Whenever I think I'm falling, I think of this moment. I had thought of it the night I met Caius, and in that moment, I couldn't help but think of how perfect it would be just to dive right in instead of stepping. I now understand how the ground could swallow you up and consume you, just Caius was beginning to consume my heart.

I had always been afraid to fall in love. Yes, I had dreamt of fairy tale endings and waiting for my prince charming to arrive on a stallion, both humble and brave having defeated the evil queen and her dragon accomplice. However, I never knew what would happen after the brief encounter of fate introducing two individuals destined to become something more.

I sink even more into the quicksand when I see him with Emilia. How her little hand clutches his. It took numerous sleepless nights of thinking over what gifts I had been given in this life so far for me to determine the meaning of prince charming.

In a morphed fairy-tale, Caius was my prince charming. He had come into my life at a moment where I was feeling lost. How he had knocked on the coffee shops window at a time when I had thought I was the most content.

I missed it. The smell of coffee. I missed making my famous pumpkin spice latte. Its funny how something so small can fill up a void of space in your life.

As I lay in bed, the following night after Jackson had arrived at my house, I thought these thoughts. Shuffling out of bed, I put my cool feet into my slippers and make my way to the kitchen. Manoeuvring Caius' jumper over my head to cover my pyjamas, I surf through the cupboards looking for ingredients.

Looking at the clock, it reads 4:47am.

Switching on the fan light above the cooker, I start creating my signature beverage. The perks of owning a café is that you can create your master pieces at home.

Opening the cupboard to retrieve the cinnamon, I frown at the small package on the top shelf. Climbing up on the worktops, I reach, my fingers brushing the box, pushing it further towards the back of the shelf. The only downside of being short.

"You're up early" a voice rang out.

Banging my head on the open cupboard door, I swirl around holding my head as I felt a lump forming.

"Jackson. What the hell, you scared me."

"Sorry," He stepped forward glancing around at the various ingredients scattered on the kitchen counters.

"What are you making?" He asked

"Nothing that concerns you." I say, just as Caius walks in half asleep. He reaches up and grabs the cinnamon from the top cupboard and places it in my grasp.

"I could've reached it."

"I'm sure you could." Caius wraps his arms around me and lifts me off the counter, settling me down on my feet with a chaste kiss.