Chapter Sixteen

Hello, my lovelies! Welcome back to another chapter of "Ambivalent" Please make sure to comment and vote if you like the chapter. Not edited as always, so no hate please. :) Enjoy my loves....

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande (totally obsessed with this song, her vocals are amazing!) 

Previously: "Okay, you can have her back, but only if I have one of Clara's special caramel coffee's. They're addictive." He stated with a half-hearted chuckle. His eyes still shone with concern for me.

"Deal." Ms Roberts Stated. "Now be gone with you boy."

He chuckled before kissing my neck, removing his hands from my waist and walking over to where Emilia was watching TV.

"What's up, squirt?" He spoke to her, ruffling her curls.

"Caius!" Her little voice squealed with joy.

"He's a good one, Clara." Ms Roberts said. My eyes moved back to her. Ever since my mother died she had taken over as a mother figure to Emilia and I. I looked at her with a small smile, looking back at Caius and Emilia who both had grins on their faces as they chatted. "Just make sure you don't break his heart."

I frown, turning back to her with a questioning glance.

"Oh, stop being so naïve, young lady. I see the way he looks at you."

I stared at her for a few moments. She grinned at me before winking her tired eye at me.

I grinned.

Don't be silly, I thought, I love him too much to let him go.

And for some reason, I think Ms Roberts knew that before I did myself.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The day dragged on. The evening became night and as every hour passed, my eyes began dropping down. Sleep threatening to creep up behind me and lull me away into a peaceful slumber. Emilia had grown bored of watching Disney films I had set up for her and now stood on a stool next to me, her small hands sneaking chocolate buttons while she thought I wasn't looking.

Her cheeks puffed out, filled with chocolate as she watched me finish up the baking and begin tidying. I looked longingly over at Caius; his head was curled in the crook of his arm as he lay on the sofa in the back room in a deep sleep. He looked tired. As I studied his features I couldn't believe I had missed the dullness in his eyes, the tired dark circles that ringed around his green eyes. His mouth was slightly parted, his breathing deep and even. He looked young in his sleep, even with the look of exhaustion he looked at peace, like he had gone home after a long day at work and fell asleep in content with his demanding life.

"Clara?" Emilia's lullaby sounded throughout out the café. Watching Caius shuffled, he frowned slightly at the noise before settling down once again. I looked over at her, pressing a finger to my lips.

"Ssssshhhh" I whispered.

"Shhhh" She mimicked.

"Come on sweetie, let's go do some colouring." I whisper, picking her up, I swung her in my arms as we made our way through to the main floor of the store. The store has officially closed half an hour ago after the evening rush. Cleaning came later in the night. I placed Emilia in a booth with her favourite colouring book and some crayons and went to pull the blinds. After switching off the main lights and turning on the small lamps which littered the café, I made my way over to the door. My footsteps echoed loudly though the empty café. Ms. Roberts had left an hour ago, leaving just Caius, Emilia and I. Walking up to the front doors, I walked outside, tugging my cardigan over my chest as the cool breeze flowed in the air. I grabbed our outdoor sign before turning and walking back into the café.