Prologue

PROLOGUE

LUCY'S POV

Mondays are quite bothersome... Well, not quite, cause they really are.

The cafeteria was filled with the aroma of food. In their seats, students were chatting with their classmates. While looking around the familiar scene, I rested my head on my palm. I let out a sigh.

Juvia, my friend, leaned near to me.

"Do you know Gray Fullbuster?" she asked abruptly as she sipped her strawberry juice. I cocked my head to the side, attempting to remember a guy named Gray Fullbuster.

"Who's that?" I asked, not remembering anyone I know with that name.

She sighed and held back her head, "Never mind."

"Oh, you seem so bothered by that name," I said. She shook her head and took another sip.

Within this school, Juvia is the person with whom I have the most connection. She's laid back and often appears to be in her own little world. She's also quite intelligent, but she can appear befuddled at times. She can also be a little frightening.

"I'm going to get a new drink since I'm getting thirsty around here," I said. She didn't look at me while nodding, and something seemed to distress her. I simply shrugged it off.

I was walking up front when a couple of girls pushed into me and stepped on my foot. I muttered an ouch and turned to face the crowd of girls in front of me. I wanted to storm off at the girls, but they didn't seem to mind.

Well, whatever, I'm just going to ignore it.

I arrived at the cashier area; I looked around to look for a nice drink. This Monday is a bit hot, though. "Can I have an orange juice," I told the cashier after making up my mind?

"Here you go, lady." the cashier said while handing me the orange juice. I smiled at her.

I bowed lightly and murmured, "Thank you." She nodded, and I tried to open my bag and put the change in with my left hand while holding the orange juice in my right hand.

Someone pushed me, and I felt the chilly orange juice spilling all over my right arm. My school shirt was also a little bit stained. Oh hell.

Damn, gravity. Damn that person too!

I turned to face the man who had pushed me and spilled orange juice all over my arm.

Isn't he going to say something about it? Apologize or something?

I approached the man and stood in his way. I was facing his chest because I was shorter than him. I raised my head and caught his stare.

"Aren't you going to apologize?!" I asked, my gaze fixed on his gleaming brown eyes. His eyes were menacing, and amused. He looked perplexed though, as if he didn't understand what I was saying. As a result, I showed my arms to him.

"Oh! What am I supposed to do with that?" He said, looking truly confused by my actions. I rolled my eyes. Is he dumb?

"You spilled it!"

"I did?" he said, sounding utterly stupid, which annoyed me. I can also see him attempting to keep a smile on his face.

So he is just toying with me! I thought it was truly dumb.

"Yes! Idiot."

"Oi, oi, you don't even know me, why would you say that." He said, looking offended, but he still has that 'trying-to-hold-back-my-smile' look.

I groaned and sighed. I have no time to deal with this! I'll just ask my helper to get me a new school polo or something. I still have the rest of the day. Walking around the campus with this stain is quite embarrassing. "Whatever, idiot." I prepared to walk out and clean the mess on my shirt, but he dragged me closer to him, which bewildered me!

"Hey... hey... blonde, we aren't finished yet," he said. The amusement in his face is now very evident. He is no longer attempting to conceal it in any way. I pulled my arms back since he was holding it.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I asked while glaring at him, and he doesn't even seem affected by it.

"I have something to say... Don't freak out." He whispered. I gazed at him, trying to figure out what was going on. I don't have time to deal with this nonsense. Juvia is most likely waiting for me.

"I have no time for this! Get your hands off me!" I said. He did, though, which I applaud him for doing it. He gazed at me with so much intensity that I could feel myself liquifying.

I can feel the sweat dripping on my forehead as he leans forth until his head touches my ear.

"Don't be weirded out..." He whispered. I clutched my skirt with my palms. I looked at him at my peripheral view.

"What!?" I murmured harshly. "Come on! Say it. So, this will be over!" I said impatiently.

"Be my girlfriend." He whispered.