Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Study

We are all now seated at the dining table. Even though it is still early for lunch, my parents insisted that we come over here to discuss everything.

"Natsu... I am extremely sorry for everything I just said about you and your family." Mama started. I couldn't believe I am hearing all these words from her now!

Did she just apologize?! Does this mean she accepts him now?!

Natsu gave him a warm grin, "It's not a problem ma'am, sometimes my family's reputation precedes us."

My mom sighed in relief and smiled at him back, "From what you said earlier, I could really feel how much you love my daughter."

When I heard that, I nearly choked on my water. After having coughed a few times, which caused the three of them to look at me, I mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Natsu smirked at me. My mother was sitting next to me, in front of her was Natsu, and my father was seated at the end of the table next to both Natsu and mom.

"I really do love your daughter, ma'am." I could feel the amusement in his voice. I almost feel like rolling my eyes, instead, I smiled and gave him a glare. He chuckled.

This guy is teasing me!

My mother looked at both me and Natsu, then she sighed affectionately, "I can't believe she's all grown now." She said. "It's just like yesterday she was a young girl."

Okay here goes her reminiscing my childhood again!

During lunch, Natsu was surprisingly warm and friendly towards my parents, which was a pleasant surprise for me. And this comes as quite a surprise, considering that he has a reputation for being impolite in school. He is frequently referred to by others as the infamous bad boy.

"I'm deeply thankful to be welcomed to your family, ma'am and sir."

"Just call us auntie and uncle." Mom said. I could not believe what I was hearing. Now more than ever, she acknowledges and accepts Natsu! "And feel free to visit us here, okay?"

My eyes widened.

What?!

When I looked over at Natsu, I could see that he was laughing. He darted his evil eyes towards me and smirked.

"Of course, I would love to visit, ma'am. It makes me happy seeing my girlfriend..." he teased. I glared at him.

"Ah, mama, me and Natsu see each other at school so there really is no need for us to meet here, hehe."

"Lucy! You just made Natsu feel unwelcomed here at our house!" my mom whispered harshly to me. I groaned. "Don't listen to her, Natsu. You are always welcome here, hmm?" Mama said and smiled at him.

I gave Natsu a try-to-visit-our-house-and-I-will-kill-you look. He gave me a cunning grin and raised his left brow.

"I'll certainly visit her, madame... I mean, auntie." Natsu chuckled. I could feel my eyes rolling, but I gave him a fake warm smile.

"Lucy will send you off to the gates, take care Natsu! Please do extend our regards to your parents." Mama said as we slowly walk towards the foyer.

"Your regards will reach them, auntie. Please do stay safe. And thank you so much again for the acceptance." He said. After that, I grabbed his hand and bade my parents farewell before leading him out of the room.

At the height of the day, the sunlight is directly hitting my eyes, forcing me to squint in order to see. No clouds can be seen in the sky, and the sun is brightly blazing down.