Chapter 1

Chapter One

Natsu Dragneel

The classroom is filled with noise. I am lost again in my thoughts.

"Lucy." I've been zoning out once more. I definitely can't stop thinking about something that happened a while ago, namely, what that idiot said earlier. He's completely insane. Is he even aware of the words that escaped his lips? Girlfriend?!

I have never had a boyfriend! I have no intention of doing so. Nothing else is more important to me than school. My goal is to graduate with honors. Boyfriends are a nuisance.

This whole 'be my girlfriend' thing reminds me of my parents. For months, my parents have been planning my wedding with the son of their best friend! It is something I always, always, always refuse. I'm still nineteen years old! I want to be able to accomplish more.

They told me before that if I am not even in a relationship, what's wrong with an arranged marriage. So now my problem is a boyfriend! And I don't even have one because I don't want to have one! Boys are a big problem!

"Lucy, our teacher is here." My seatmate tapped my shoulder. I muttered a silent thanks as we all rise up to greet our teacher.

The discussions were long and I can already feel tiredness enveloping me slowly. The day hasn't even ended yet.

"Alright, that's all. I hope you've learned something today." The teacher said, she then eyed me, "Heartfilia, can you come with me at the faculty?" She asked kindly. I nodded as I fixed my uniform and went near to her.

We made our way down the hallways, which were bustling with students of various grade levels. The majority of them bowed down to welcome our Mathematics teacher, whom they may also be familiar with.

We then arrived at the faculty and I went inside with her.

"I am truly amazed by your scores and marks, miss Heartfilia. It is truly amazing to have a student like you who cares a lot of their grades." She said. I smiled at her, not knowing what to respond. My heart is full with compliments.

"Thank you so much, prof." I said while bowing lightly. She smiled at me.

"Me and your Science and Health teacher have decided to do a buddy tutor activity. I am assigning the top 1s and 2s in every section to tutor students. Is that alright with you?" She asked kindly. I nodded softly and smiled.

"I'm glad to help, prof."

"Alright, I will be assigning you to Section B, Natsu Dragneel."

I haven't heard that name before, so I just nodded.

Natsu... Natsu... Hmmm. Who is that?

"I already informed him of this activity earlier, he said he'll be the one to reach out to you."

Alright, that's nice. Natsu seems like a nice person. I nodded at my professor.

"I know I can count on you, Heartfilia." She said.

"You can, prof." I assured her.

I then exited the faculty room and looked for my locker to get a few books for the next subject.

As I located my locker, I opened it and grabbed three books. I also arranged a few things inside since it's becoming cluttered. I closed the locker doors and I jumped at a surprise to see the person I don't want to see—the cafeteria guy! What is his problem?!

"Yo! So, I already know your name and its Lucy, right?" he said, smirking.

Is he a stalker?! How?!

"How the hell? Wait, are you stalking me?!" I asked while glaring at him. He threw his head back and laughed out loud.

"You try to guess." He said, very much amused. I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him.

"I'm leaving. I still have to meet with study buddy." I said.

I heard him laugh out loud again, this time, much louder than earlier. Has he gone insane!?

"Hey! Lucy!" I could hear his footsteps coming on my way, "Lucy!" he said again.

I turned to him, "Can you leave me alone? Have you gone mad?! Are you even serious earlier? Girlfriend?" I said.

Right after he said that he wants me to become his girlfriend, I straight off rejected his ass and left. Who in the right mind would accept that?

"Alright, alright, calm down. I have a proposal." He said, now with a tinge of seriousness.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "You better be, I'm giving you a chance to explain."

"Alright." I said, ready to hear his madness.

"I'm asking you to become my pretend girlfriend for a few months." He said in a serious tone. "I need it... For my parents."

Now I am interested because we have the same problem.

"I used to have an ex-girlfriend. We broke up a year ago already, I am over her, but my parents are not. They are still in contact with her family and they truly want us to be together again." He said, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Then?" I asked.

"I need a girlfriend for them to stop." He said.

I looked at him and he doesn't seem to be pretty bad. He is tall, and I suppose, bit charming. I was just enveloped with dislike towards him earlier because of his weird proposal!

Who wouldn't be weirded out?!

I can also use him to stop my parents with the marriage thing. We can pretend to be in a relationship in a few months or a year, if I can manage, and just break up like nothing happened.

By then I am moving out from my parents since... college. And so, they couldn't anymore mess up with me.

"Are you listening?" He asked, trying to catch my gazes. And so, I spaced out again.

"Uh, come again?" I asked.

"I said, will you agree to this?"

"I require conditions and written regulations so that we are aware of what we can and cannot do. There are also limitations!" I cautioned him.

"Okay, smart pants. What do I expect from the top students of their section." He said while smirking. I just looked at him confusingly.

"Wait, how the hell do you even know my name?!" I asked.

He gave me a smirk, while slowly leaning towards my ear again.

I backed off, "Can you stop doing that?!" I said with annoyance. He chuckled.

"Alright." He said, he then walked towards me again, and stopped right beside me. Our shoulders are almost touching. "By the way, the name is Natsu Dragneel. Remember that, Luce." He said before walking out.

What the hell?!