Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Parents

"Oh my... dear." His mother was mumbling. "I can't wait for the details how you two got together!" she was ecstatic. I was not expecting this kind of reaction from his mother. I thought she's still rooting for Natsu's ex-girlfriend?!

"Lucy has always charmed me at school, mom." Natsu said casually, as if it actually happened!

"But how about Li—" his mother's words were cut off by Natsu.

"I've told you plenty times already that I'm over her mom. Lucy's the person I love now." He said. I looked up to him and he seemed sincere.

Somehow, I felt my heart hurt a little. As if something was tugging and pulling on threads in my heart and tying the strings on my stomach.

I shrugged the thought off and forced a sweet smile.

"Y-yes, ma'am." I said, can't avoid mumbling.

"My dear, it's not nice to talk about an ex-girlfriend in front of the new girlfriend," his dad murmured to his mom.

"Oh, I am deeply sorry, my dear lucy." his mom apologized to me. I just nodded.

"It's not a problem, ma'am." I said, because it's not really a problem! I'm not jealous or whatsoever because I'm not actually in love with your son.

"Anyways," she clasped her hands together, "Did you eat already?" she asked us. She seems really kind now. Seemed like she'd finally made room for me in their family.

"Uh, I haven't ma'am." I said, growing shy. She exudes an air that screams of sophistication and luxury wherever she goes. Although she's not really donned in extravagant jewels and gems, you can still tell that they are indeed very wealthy.

"You should! Let's go. I'll take you around." She said, then she eyed his son, "Why didn't you let her eat supper!"

The reprimand given to Natsu by his mother took him by surprise. I can't help but laugh at the look on his face.

"Come, my dear. My son can be a bit dense sometimes." She said calmly then hooked her arm on mine. She dragged me towards the buffet and I can't help but look around to see if my parents are nearby. They might see me! With Natsu's mother!

Wait do they even know each other? My parents and Natsu's parents?!

When we arrived, we found ourselves in front of the buffet area. While Mrs. Dragneel was describing the delicacies to me while holding a plate for me, I listened attentively.

Her ebony hair is pulled back into a chic chignon, and there are a few strands of hair hanging loosely to the side. She eyed me with her upturned eyes, "I'd like to meet your parents one day, my dear..." she said. I nervously smiled and nodded.

"Y-yes, they will be so pleased to meet you too, m-ma'am."

"Just call me auntie, Lucy." She chuckled. "From this point on, I am going to dote on you and treat you like my very own child. And you're going to have to get used to it." Her eyes sparkled.

"I'm so h-honored, auntie."

This damn arrangement will be harder to break than I thought.

After spending the previous hour conversing and eating with Mrs. Dragneel, she was eventually had to bid her goodbyes to me because they had a few more visitors to entertain before they could leave the venue. She did ask me if I wanted to say goodbye to his son, but I made up an excuse that I was just going to chat to him instead.

I am currently strolling around the enormous halls in the middle of the posh crowd looking for my parents, when I noticed my mother's angry gazes darting at me while she walked towards me.