Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Stares 

In spite of the furrow that formed between my eyebrows, I was aware of the rapid pummeling of my heart.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." He was attempting to suppress a smile as he shook his head and chuckled softly. He carried on reading while paying no attention to me. I let out a sigh and then went back to working on my mathematics assignment.

After forty minutes, my timer went off. "Well, times up!" I clasped my hands. He then looked at me before placing my notes down on the table.

"That was a lot of useless school information that I know won't be use—haha kidding, Luce!"

I shot him a glare.

"Some high school lessons might be useless because we're not going to use it in real life setting. But they are considered as the foundation of harder lessons in college." I ranted while getting his test paper that I have prepared earlier from my bag.

I looked at him after ranting and saw him grinning, as if he's proud of me.

"Alright, miss." He nodded, agreeing to whatever I had just said.

"Here! Answer this." I handed him my test paper. He scanned through it then nodded. "Make sure to have a passing score."

"Aye, sir!"

As he answered the paper and I continued working on my math exam, silence once more fell upon us. I had to fight the urge to look at him again because I was afraid, he would make fun of me for it. However, I decided to take a sneak peek, and I noticed that he had a serious look on his face.

I looked away before he can even feel my gazes on him.

"I can feel you stealing gazes on me, Luce." He said without even looking at me. My face heated and my temper flared up, and I'm ready to lash out at him.

"Hey?! Excuse me? I was just checking if you were answering it right!" I said.

"Whatever, Luce. You should've checked my paper instead of my face then. The answer is written on my paper, not on my face." He looked up and smirked while raising his brow.

I also raised my gorgeous eyebrows.

"Can I not look at you?!"

"Hmmm..." He placed his pen on his lips and pretended to think while looking up. "I think it's fine. I might actually like it." He flashed a grin before turning his attention back to the test papers.

What he just said has completely thrown me off, leaving me clueless. I decided to shrug it off.

Silence wrapped us again. After a few minutes, he placed the pencil down,

"And, I am done." He said. My frown lines became deeper.

"That was quick." I got his paper and scanned through it. He's actually finished!

His penmanship is not the best but it was readable. I started checking his paper. So far everything is correct! Wow.

I looked at him and he was staring at me with a cocky grin.

"Did you cheat?" I asked.

He barked a laughter, "Hey! It's bad to accuse someone."

Before returning my attention to the test paper, I narrowed my eyes at him. I continued to look over everything, and so far, he's only made two mistakes!

"So what's my score?" he asked cockily.

I handed his test paper to him for him to look over. While he was looking through it, his face lit up with excitement.