Chapter 3 - Questioning

I woke up feeling a crick in my neck. I got up and stretched, then the memories from last night came flooding back. I brushed my newly dyed green hair to the side of my face. I really, really, really didn't want to go face Mark and Jack but, I have to.

I slowly treaded down the stairs, making sure I wasn't being too loud. I arrived at the bottom of the stairs and turned the corner. I found Mark and Jack sitting peacefully, having a conversation with their coffee mugs in their hands. I slowly approached, being as cautious as possible. I had no idea of what to expect. I sat down across from them, though, I don't think they noticed me. They continued on with their talking, about a video game. Gmod Prop Hunt I think it was called.

"Um... Hi, guys." I muttered awkwardly. They both jumped and turned to me, almost simultaneously. "Hi Catt!" Jack exclaimed. "Hey, Catt. Are you okay? What happened last night?" Mark was literally jumping out of his seat. "Haha I'm okay, just a little confused about last night..." I was genuinely confused, and Mark and Jack both sat, prepared to tell all.

"Okay, ask away! What do you want to know? Actually, we'll just tell you everything. No questions to be asked."

I kind of zoned out while they were explaining. I only really hear a few things that they said. Stuff like: Dark sides, Midnight, Vanilla repels the post-midnight madness.

NONE of that made sense to me... Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own...