Chapter 4: Forgiveness?...

Malena was awaken by the sound of her door opening. Opening her eyes she looked around to realize she was at her parents house. She must of been tired.

Stepping out of the car she thanks the driver who then goes to get her bags. She walks up the pathway to the front door with him in tow.

Knocking, she waited for someone to open the door. Malena had the key but she hardly used it. Waiting for a minute or so she hears footsteps from behind the door then heard the lock.

"Malena! You are finally here!" her mom Yolanda answered the door excitedly to see her first born.

"Mami, how are you?" she asked hugging her mom tightly. She missed her so much.

"Better now that you are here!" she tells her pulling her in "Why didn't you use your key?"

"I didn't want to intrude!" Malena says to her mom who cocks her brow at her.

"Intrude? Mija please! This is your home! There is no intruding!" she lightly tapped her daughter on her arm.

Malena hears someone clearing their throat making both her and her mom turn that way.

"Oh sorry, you can set the bag on the floor by the doorway." she tells the driver who nods.

"Thank you!" she smiles at him handing him a tip for his services. He thanked her and left.

"How was your flight?" her mom asks grabbing Malena's hand to pull her into the kitchen where she had lunch prepared for her.

"Good...! Where's everyone?" she asks sitting down on the stool picking up a piece of bread from the bowl in front of her.

"Well, your father is at work and your brother and sister are still at school! It's just you and me for lunch! Hope you are hungry!"

"Okay and I'm famished!" Malena pats her stomach which started to growl.

"Good, I made white rice con bistec in onions, tostones and I have avacado and bread!" her mom tells her taking out a plate to serve her daughter.

"Mami that sounds amazing...I miss your cooking!"

"Well, it misses you! I know you are busy being Miss Big Shot in L.A. but, you can make time to come visit more often!"

Malena sighed. Her mom always gave her a guilt trip whenever they spoke or when she came over.

"I know ma...I've been busy. You know my schedule is crazy!" Malena defended taking the plate from her mom.

"Yeah, yeah...you say!" Yolanda retorted.

Malena didn't respond since it wouldn't be any use. Her mom always spoke her mind.

"This is so good mami!" she said to take her mom's mind off what she was saying.

"Thanks mija! Enjoy, there is plenty!" smiling she sat down across from her daughter to eat their lunch.

"How's Ryan? I haven't seen him in a while!"

"He's good...he sends his hello and wishes he could be here but he has a scene to shoot this weekend."

"Oh, good for him...you know, your dad and I watch his show every week. He's good!"

"He is.." Malena responds and stays quiet.

"What's the matter Lena? You look so distant!" her mom asks concerned. "Is it the Reunion?"

"It is...I don't know how I'm going to feel seeing those people again. I thought I would be fine, but now that I'm here...I just don't know!" she says shaking her head.