Chapter 17: The Results Are In...Colin Kaepernick, you Are...

Malena stood in front of Colin's hotel room staring at the door

Malena stood in front of Colin's hotel room staring at the door. She was doing her breathing exercises to calm her nerves...

Exhaling, she lifted her arm to knock on the door. Knocking three times, she stepped back and waited for the door to open.

About thirty seconds passed she heard the door open to reveal Colin who had a blank look on his face.

"Come in." he tells her walking away from the door and further into the room leaving Malena to close the door behind her.

Going inside she sees Colin looking out the window with his back turned to her. He hadn't said anything he just stood there quietly.

Malena watched him not knowing what to do or say. She could only imagine what was going through his mind.

"Co-." she began to say but he cut her off.

"I got the results and I'm sure you got the call also." he tells her in a monotone voice still not turning around to look at her.

"I... I had just hung up with the clinic when you called." 

He shook his head without a word.

"Col-"

"Why Malena?" he asked confusing her.

"Why? Why wha-?"

"Why couldn't you just told me ten years ago that there was a possibility that Faith could be mine? That... they did this to you? You almost told me the week after... so why didn't you continue to try?" he raised his voice.

"I... I told you why Colin... I tried but they..."

Turning around he glared at her "I KNOW THEY THREATENED YOU... BUT THAT IS NO F***ING EXCUSE TO NOT TELL ME THAT YOU THOUGHT I RAPED YOU!" he bellowed now in front of her having her back up.

Malena stared at him with fear in her eyes. She knew he was mad, he had the right to be, but he wasn't there to see what his friends had put her through.

"They lied to you, drugged you, molested you and then..." he backed up turning around to go to the coffee table that was in the middle of the room picking up the papers and raising it for her to see. "... the whole truth is in this paper. What happened that night... the reason you and I are standing here in this Hotel room ten years after the matter."

Malena stared at the papers in his hands then looked down to the floor. Feeling a tear roll down her face she wiped it away. "I... I'm sorry Colin... I didn't know... I couldn't..."

"SORRY? You are saying SORRY? Ten f***ing years you kept it in! Ten f***ing years you let those BASTARDS GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY DID TO YOU... and YOU ARE SORRY?!" he screamed in disbelief. Why couldn't she just have told him? They, he wouldn't be going through all of this emotions right now.

Malena lifted her head and looked at Colin. She began to get upset. Yes, he had the right to be upset, but he didn't have the right to scream and speak to her the way he was.