Chapter 5: "Prank"?...

After her little "disagreement" with her mom, Malena stayed in her room until her father came home. His wife told him what had happened so like the concerning and loving father he is, he went upstairs to check on his first born.

They spoke about what happened and how her mom didn't mean any harm. How much they supported her decisions and actions...especially how much they loved her.

Victor in some ways felt the same as his wife Yolanda. Malena has been holding on too so much for the past ten years that he didn't blame her if she felt the way she did. He wished he could take his daughter's pain away, he always did especially when he found out that kids were bullying his beautiful, precious and shy daughter. Once he had found out he wanted to storm into the school...kick ass then take names after! He was livid and even threatened to press charges but Malena begged him not too. She just wanted to finish school and move on from her tormentors.

Victor Rodriguez knew his daughter was strong, she is his daughter after all...but after Malena had her nervous breakdown he realized how strong she was really trying to be. After recovering a few months later and then her changing her outlook in life, he knew his confident, vibrant and hard ass daughter was back...and it was because of her Faith!

Convincing her to go downstairs for dinner and to talk to her mother, Malena agreed. She was a "Daddy's Girl" after all and she listened to him.

"There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you Lena! You are my first born, the reason why I changed my ways. I wasn't the best man back then and I regret the way I treated your mother in the beginning of our relationship. I didn't deserve her and especially you...but the second I held you in my arms after you were born...my heart grew a hundred times bigger and my mentality changed for the better! You mija...and your mami of course changed me and I am the man I am because of it! People make mistakes Lena...and if you don't learn to forgive fully...then they have a hold on you for the rest of your life. You will be a prisoner...I'm not saying to forget what has happened...you need to heal from that also, but forgiveness is the biggest gift you can give yourself mija...Please, think about it!"

After Malena's father gave her wise words she agreed to think about it. Praying that she had the strength to face the people who made her life hell during her high school years.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Friday came and went and both Colin and Malena had spent their Friday with their moms. They both missed them, they were both spoiled after all...well, according to their siblings! Both parties caught up on what was going on and they both helped out with errands.

During one outing with her mom and sister, Malena ran into one of her old classmates, Erika. They were very close back in the day and had lost contact during College. Though they hadn't seen each other in years, both women acted like time hadn't passed by. They even had lunch together and Erika offered to pick up Malena the following day for the Breakfast and walk thru at Pitman.

Colin himself ran into a few of his old classmates while out and about. They even went out to a bar to catch up that night. Colin couldn't believe how they some what have stayed the same. You would think that after ten years you would grow up and become an adult...

"So Colin...remember Malena Rodriguez? The nerd we used too play pranks on?" Matt chirped in laughing.

"Yeah, we played a few good ones on her, especially on Prom night!" Josh joined in making Matt widen his eyes at him as if telling him to shut up.