Chapter 16: Having Faith...Pt. 2...

Once everybody was situated in the room Colin and Faith were asked to sit down so they can be swabbed inside their mouth to do the DNA Test. 

Colin sat there staring at Faith who looked a bit nervous when Ryan set her down on the floor. He couldn't help but look at the girl who could be his daughter. He had to admit he felt a tug in his heart when he first saw her. The resemblance was uncanny and in a way he hoped she was his...even though the way she was conceived was not ideal.

"Is not going to hurt...right daddy?" Faith's voice brought Colin out of his thoughts. 

"No sweetheart...they are just going to swab the inside of your cheek with a long q-tip type swab stick...kind of like the stick they used when you got strep throat a few months back...but softer." Ryan responds holding both of her hands smiling down at her.

"I didn't like when they did that! It made me gag...!" she scrunched her face at the memory.

"Yeah...I remember. But, you were a big girl and you didn't." He tells her tapping her nose with his finger.

Colin stared at them feeling a bit sad. He couldn't help to think that if Faith does turn out to be his daughter, how many things he had missed in her life...like being there to take her to the doctor if she was sick...Ryan had the privilege of being there.

"Alright, we are getting started now." the man in the white lab coat said holding the packages of the swab kits in his hand then setting them down on the tray, his assistant next to him.

Faith looked at the man then sighed. "Okay...I'm ready sir!" she says looking at the man then sat down on the chair.

"Alright young lady, it will not hurt a bit!" he tells her smiling taking the kit out of the package. "Now, open wide for me and do not bite down!"

Faith hummed then opened her mouth so the man could swab the inside of her cheek. Swabbing it properly, he took it out and covered it putting it back in the package that was labeled Faith Rodriguez.

"Okay, young lady. First part is over." he tells her smiling and them moves to where Colin was sitting.

"Good job mamita!" Malena says squeezing her hand.

"Thanks mami!" Faith smiled back then looked over to Colin. "Mr. Kap?"

Colin looked over at Faith "Yes sweetheart?"

"Don't worry. It won't hurt a bit! Just make sure you open your mouth wide and don't bite down!" nodding her head with a smile.

Colin chuckled then smiled back at her "Thanks for the tip sweetheart!"

"No problem Mr. Kap!" then sat back and watched the same process done with Colin.

"Okay, now that this part is done, we will proceed with the blood sample." the man tells them writing something down on a piece of paper.