Chapter 14: "Can we Talk...?"

After her lawyer left and spoke to Ryan, Malena decided to make a phone call. Calling her mother she told her the situation and asked her for a favor. 

"Thanks mami, I will talk to you later and let you know what happens." she tells her mom before hanging up. Taking a deep breath, she picks up the receiver and makes the phone call. Waiting for the other end to pick up she hears the person she wanted to speak too.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Malena...can we talk?" with hopefulness in her voice.

"Yes...sure!" they said putting a smile on Malena's face.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Malena was in the private plane on her way to San Francisco that late afternoon. Though Ryan had told her she shouldn't speak to Colin, she knew she had too. She wanted to talk to him and get things out in the open. He needed to know the reasoning for her actions weather he liked them or not.

Landing an hour later she was on her way to his house. Nerves were taking over and she had to do her breathing exercises. It always seemed to work to lower her anxiety. She also prayed that an understanding will come between them before any harsh actions would be taken. She wouldn't be against Colin seeing their daughter...she just didn't want Faith to suffer through a custody battle. Her main concern was her.

Reaching his house she pulled up to his driveway an shut the engine. Taking a few minutes to collect herself, she opened the door and made her way to his door.

"Okay Malena...you can do this...you have to do this...it's for Faith..!" she told herself before ringing the doorbell.

With shaky hands she reached out and rang the doorbell twice and stepped back hoping he would be home. Thirty seconds passed when she heard footsteps then the door unlocking. The door opened to reveal a shirtless and sweaty Colin. Gulping she looked up at his shocked face expression.

"Malena!? W-what are you doing here?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows holding the door.

"Hi Colin...I was wondering if we could talk. Are you busy?" she asked staring into his eyes since she didn't want to stare at his bare chest. He had an amazing body she had to admit but she couldn't think of that...she was there for a serious matter.

"Um, yeah sure. Come in." he says stepping to the side to let her in.

Stepping in she looked around his place. It was nice, modern and neat...considering he is a bachelor. She wondered how many females he would invite over for a one night stand. She didn't know much about the man who fathered her daughter personally except what she had heard or read on the media. His playboy and womanizing reputation followed him and she wasn't sure if she would want her daughter around that...even though he has a "girlfriend" she had unfortunately met.

He had made his way in front of her now and stared at her while she looked around. He couldn't believe she was there, in his house. How did she know where he lived anyway?

Clearing her throat she looked up at him. "You have a nice place. I'm sorry if I just showed up here unannounced but I figured it would be best if we spoke face to face...considering..." she cut off.

He looked at her carefully. He knew they had to eventually discuss their situation, he just didn't know how he would handle it. 

"Thanks...my mom and sister helped decorate it...and yes, we do need to talk." he tells her.