Chapter 6: Pitman High School...

Saturday morning came and Erika had picked Malena up for the breakfast and walk thru at Pitman High School. Malena had to give herself a pep talk while getting ready and even called Ryan for reassurance. His love and support pushed away any insecurities she had and gave her the confidence to go. That's the reason why she loved Ryan so much.

On the way there Erika and Malena reminisced a bit of the times they spent together in yearbook and other clubs they were involved in. They laughed and enjoyed catching up. She had missed Erika.

Now pulling up to the parking lot of their Alma Mater, Malena's nerves began to twist and turn but she remembered what Ryan had told her and just exhaled...she could do this!

They were greeted by recent students and shown to the section they needed to sign in. Walking towards it they ran into some old classmates who joined them. At first they hadn't recognized Malena and complimented her on how much she had changed. She guessed it was a compliment?

Walking up to the table she gave the woman she recognized as Lee Anne her name. She was part of the committee that coordinated the Class Reunion.

Malena and her group were given badges with their H.S. yearbook picture on it and their name underneath. It was so people will recognize them from back then. Looking at her Senior picture she shuddered...she really has changed throughout the years.

No more was she the four eyed, shy, timid, passive nerdy girl that people used to bully! Malena was now the confident, sassy, savvy business woman that in many ways had overcome quite a few things in her life. She had her family, close friends, Ryan and of course her Faith to thank for.

Looking through their "Goodie Bag" they were given, Malena pulled out the itinerary for the day's events. They were to meet at the auditorium for a Welcome Rally and then breakfast was being held at the cafeteria. It really felt like she was back in High School.

Making her way inside with Erika and the others she didn't notice the commotion that was starting to form outside when Colin Kaepernick stepped out of his white Jaguar.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Colin had woken up and got dressed as fast as he could. He needed to get to Pitman as soon as possible. After what his old friends had told him about the "Prank" they had pulled on Malena, something didn't set well with him. He didn't know why, but he was certain that they weren't completely truthful with him.

After getting dressed he said bye to his parents, got in his white Jaguar and headed to the school so he could see if he could find Malena...and find out what really happened on Prom night.

It took Colin about twenty minutes to get there. Pulling up to the parking lot he noticed how packed it was already. Finding a parking spot, he parks, shuts off the car and steps out noticing people stopping and pointing at him.

He smiled at them and walked up to the school until his name was called from behind. Turning around he noticed Matt, Josh and Steven walking up to him. Colin frowned still upset over their conversation the night before.

"Hey Colin...glad you made it!" Matt tells him. Colin nodded at the three.

"Yeah...I was planning on it...!" he tells them and they continued to head inside.

They stopped at the table to get their badges and bag. Colin was greeted by practically everyone he passed by. Even stopped to say hello to some he had known.