CHAPTER TWELVE - Timber's Choice

Timber's twenty-third birthday came and went. Henry had thrown a combination surprise birthday party and baby shower for her. Grace, Sebastian, Dresden, Xianna, Gina, Kendra, and Ashley all came over to help Henry set up while Timber had been sent to the grocery store to replace all the meat she had been eating because she had even eaten their reserve. Her new morning routine was light and the yoga was proving beneficial but it was making her hungry.

It was known now that she was, as Grace put it, a high-risk pregnancy, and due in just over a month, so everyone pulled their weight and made the party a success. No one knew exactly what to get the newest member of their family because no one knew if the baby was a boy or a girl or if the baby would even be born human because Timber wasn't, so everyone brought a large selection of baby books and classic children's stories for Timber to read before bedtime. They also brought baby blankets, noisemakers, and a variety of stuffed animals as well as a special night light that lit up the ceiling with stars. Even the family in Louisiana who knew about Timber (which was most of them), sent gifts for the newest addition to the family. Timber and Henry were both very overwhelmed with the high number of presents for their unborn child.

Timber was showing through her loose-fitting cleaning clothes, which were steadily getting tighter by the day. She would also suddenly shift into her wolf form so she was once again, confined to the house. Henry thought it might be a good idea to call Lord Frost and tell him Timber was pregnant. She was at least twenty days along now, so he could not wait anymore.

He took a solid gold box out of his bedside table drawer. It was a simple box with the sun symbol on the lid. Henry opened it and took out a polished pearl that was the size of a grapefruit. He held it close to his lips.

"Lord Frost, I thought you should know that Timber is pregnant. Timber is doing well but Grace can no longer monitor her."

Henry put the pearl back on the royal blue velvet and closed the lid. He sighed and imagined Lord Frost's anger when he got the message. Werewolves were not allowed to breed but Henry wasn't a werewolf anymore. He was a Wolf Lord. Despite his Lordship, he still had to answer to Lord Frost. A small blue fire appeared, and from that flame fell a note. Henry took it and the fire vanished. He looked at it for a second and opened it.

Henry, thank you for telling me. I will be coming to see you and Timber this evening. With me will be Aiyanna and Catalina. I will be there at eight tonight.

Henry read it again. Lord Frost didn't sound mad but then again it was hard to determine tone with a letter. He went downstairs to find Timber sleeping in her wolf form on the couch with only her head and neck under the throw blanket. He nudged her awake. He was forced to retreat to a safe distance when Timber growled at him warningly.

"Lord Frost is coming over tonight with Aiyanna and someone I don't know named Catalina," said Henry. "They're going to be here in half an hour."

Timber's head shot up. She was still for a moment, then shook the blanket off of her. She was suddenly wide awake. She Turned and looked around.

"It's a mess! I need to clean and make food! I need to get dressed!"

"Timber, calm down," said Henry. "No one is going to notice if the house is not spotless. Even if they did, you're pregnant. The house is allowed to be a little dusty. It's fine."

"But -"

"Timber, you need to think about the baby," said Henry, calmly. "Don't worry about the house or snacks. Just go get in some comfortable clothes if you don't want to be seen in your pajamas. You don't even have to fix your hair."

"Alright," said Timber with a deep breath. "I'll be back in a minute."

Henry made sure she was in the bedroom before he went into high gear. He grabbed Timber's duster and dusted the coffee table and side tables. He didn't really care if they were dusty but it would annoy Timber and she would go into cleaning mode and stress the baby. Henry didn't want that so he dusted every surface in the living room and swept up the floor as fast as he could.