Chapter 22: The Pawn in a Chess Game

Soundtrack: The Beginning - ONE OK ROCK

Giovanni and I watched as Sebastian made himself comfortable on the couch. The scene was like of a man in a cozy coffee shop waiting for someone to serve his special beverage. He turned to us with his bored look as if he never said anything foolish.

"Are you implying that you hate yourself?" Sarkastikong sagot ni Giovanni. The scene was normal with the Freniere Brothers. They could commit an attempted murder to each other every single day.

"No one has the capacity to hate a Sebastian Freniere. They lust over me," sagot ni Sebastian.

"You said you loathe cheaters. You've been cheating on every women you've met." I almost nodded my head. Giovanni had a point there. "And why would you lust over yourself?" Dagdag ng nakababatang Freniere.

"Did I say that?" Tila bale-walang tanong ni Sebastian.

Napailing-iling si Giovanni. He gave up the conversation with his brother. "Why are you here, Tres? You should be entertaining our guests."

"I won't do that to your guests. You won't be able to keep up with my market value as an entertainer," Tres said proudly. He seemed to be the only one who was eager to keep the conversation going by mocking Giovanni.

"We're discussing an extremely important thing here. Now, could you please leave us." I could almost see the hint of impatience in Giovanni's voice. Alam kong hindi maganda ang patutunguhan nito. I'd watched them fight through the years and nothing good comes out of it. Bago pa man makasagot si Sebastian ay pinigil ko na iyon sa pamamagitan ng pagsasalita. I knew that Sebastian would push Giovanni to the exploding limit.

"Tres, we're just talking about Summer Leondale's security. I'm sure we can handle it," wika ko. I thought it would help prevent what was about to happen. Subalit mukhang hindi ang inaasahan kong reaksyon ang naging sagot ni Sebastian. He suddenly stood up and strode towards us.

"What about Summer Leondale? How to steal some romantic time without her knowing about it?" Hindi ako nakasagot. I didn't understand him. Why would he think of something ridiculous like that?

"Tres, just leave and entertain our guests." Halatang pinipilit ni Giovanni na maging kalmado sa inaasta ni Sebastian. No wonder Sir Algernon Freniere gave him the responsibility as the Mafia Leader while he was gone.

"Why would I do that?" Mas malakas ang tinig na tanong ni Tres.

"Because that's what you're good at! Entertaining!" Giovanni Freniere finally snapped at his older brother.

Sebastian seemed to dodge the mockery and smirked. I knew that smirk too well. Everything was going bad now. "Oh, yeah right. Let me entertain your bitch downstairs. I swear she'll forget your existence."

The next scene was a blur. Before I knew it, Giovanni was already lunging violently towards Sebastian. He crashed against him so hard that they both landed on the floor. I sighed. I knew this would happen again and I was so tired of being the peacemaker. I just watched them like I did when we were young. I sat comfortably on table avoiding the chaos they were making.