Chapter 7: Missing

Chapter Seven: Missing

Soundtrack: No Angels by Bastille

*****

The explosion created waves that made it hard for me to stay on the surface. The pressure kept pulling me beneath the water. And just when I was struggling to keep myself up, a strong arm wrapped around my waist and hoisted me. It didn't take me long to recognize his long brown hair and fierce expression. He looked so different under the water.

Mukhang itinigil ng kapitan ang yate dahil nang maiangat na namin ang aming ulo sa dagat ay nakita namin ito sa di kalayuan na naghihintay.

"I can do it," sabi ko at nauna na akong lumangoy patungo sa yate. He followed me afterwards.

"What was that supposed to mean?! What the hell were you doing? I told you not to come after me!" Galit na sabi ni Tres nang nasa deck na kami ng yate. Inutusan na rin nito ang Kapitan na paandarin na ang sasakyang pandagat.

I frowned at him. "You didn't say that I shouldn't come after you," mahinahin kong sabi. The coldness of the night was piercing through my bones. My wet dress was hugging the curves of my body.

He drastically combed his hands through his hair in frustration. "Umiling ako. That was a warning. Ang tigas ng ulo mo! Hindi ka pa rin nagbabago!" Pagtataas niya ng boses. Teka, bakit ba siya galit na galit? I saved him from his stupidity.

"I was just trying to save you!" Hindi ko na napigilan ang pagtaas ng aking tono. So what was he expecting me to do? Just watch while he was obviously in danger?

Lumapit sya akin and I was forced to step back. Patuloy sya sa paglapit hanggang sa maramdaman ko na ang railings sa likod ko. He leaned on me until I could feel his breath on the side of my neck. His lips brushed my left ear as he said, "Don't ever try to save me again." At saka siya umalis at pumasok sa loob ng yate.

I was left with my heart beating loudly. I held on to the railings for support. Did he just forbid me from saving him? But that was my job as a Reaper!

Hanggang sa makarating na kami sa pantalan ay hindi na kami muling nag-usap. It was almost 12:00 am nang nasa proseso na ng pagdaong ang yate. I saw the crew and some of the Mafia guards on the port. I also saw two Reapers. Mikhail Petrov. I smiled gladly when I saw the other one. Forest, my favorite Reaper.

"Oh my god! What did he do to you? Did you have s*x under water?" She asked. Just when I had good thoughts about her, she could so easily erase them.

"Give me your jacket," wika ko habang yakap ang sarili.

She looked at her brown leather jacket and then back to me. "Oh, please. It's cold. Have mercy on my fragile little figure," she said and then glanced to Mikhail's direction. "Hey! Get undressed!" Utos niya. Nagtatakang lumapit sa amin si Mikhail. Napailing na lang ako kay Forest. But when I saw Mikhail's black duster coat, I silently wished that he would obey Forest's command.

"What happened out there? We were about to sail when we saw your yacht coming," wika niya na nasa akin ang atensyon. I couldn't answer while my voice is trembling.