Chapter 10: The Root of All The Consequences

Chapter Ten: The Root of all Those Consequences  

Author's Note:

Dear Readers,

Thank you for continuously waiting. For now, I'm trying to be back on track. For those who are in Laguna and have their Montello High: School of Gangsters book already, meet me in Imall Canlubang! And treat me pizza and coffee and blueberry cheesecake. Oh, I want to add leche flan and yema cake on the list, too. Haha!

But seriously, I will be in Imall Canlubang Laguna on October 18 for Pandayan Bookshop/Pop Fiction Book Signing. So for those who are available on that day, let's have a date. See you!

Picking out garlic on my midnight food,

+Siel Alstreim+

 ********

The ground was still covered with mist as I stepped on it. I tried to keep my pace normal. I knew everyone was watching me while I was jogging. Mahigit isang oras ko nang ginagawa ang pagtakbo sa Arturia field at naisipan na rin ng mga kasamahan ko sa team na magpahinga. Subalit mas pinili kong magpatuloy. Running gave me a sense of calmness. For me, it served as a gateway to think clearly and privately.

Subalit nag-atubili ako sa pagtakbo nang maramdaman kong may iba pang nakamasid sa akin maliban sa mga normal na estudyante. And that was when I saw her on one of the far bleachers. She really was like a ghost. Tumakbo ako palapit sa kanya at mukha namang inaasahan niya rin iyon. She looked like she was having fun watching the school activities. Had she never gotten into a school before?

"How could you deal with it?" Tanong niya nang umupo ako sa kanyang tabi.

Nagtataka akong tumingin kay Forest. I currently had a lot of things I needed to deal with subalit dahil inisip kong pinatutungkulan niya ay ang aking pagtakbo, I simply said, "Just run."

Mukhang hindi iyon ang kanyang ibig sabihin sapagkat tiningnan niya ako na tila isang milyong milya ang layo ng sagot ko. "I mean this building of sh*t! It's full of tiny skirts and make-ups! And there are no male specimens aside from homework reapers!"

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Homework reapers?" Nagtataka kong tanong.

She rolled her eyes before responding. "The teachers. They're always reaping for homeworks," sagot niya. Kung gayon ay naranasan naman pala niyang magkaroon ng paaralan.

"It's an all-girls school, Forest," sagot ko.

"Well, at least hire teachers who look like models. Or gym trainers for teaching P. E.—"

"Is there a point to all of this? You didn't come here just to give me a lecture on how we manage Arturia University, right?" Putol ko sa kung ano pa man niyang sasabihin.

She gave me one of her sarcastic smile that says 'I know you don't want to hear my next words' before going to the main business.

"I suggest we burn Montello High School to the ground."