Chapter 16

Kaito slammed his head on the table to hearing about his twin sister's meeting with the witch. When he asked where she had been, she told him that she would tell him about it when they got home. As soon as they got home, Kazumi told him about what they discussed. At first he paled with disgust, but then couldn't take the outcome and so he just decided to headbutt the table.

"I feel sick now." Mumbled the elder twin, not moving his head from the table.

Kazumi sighed. "That's what I felt like. That's why I went to the toilet during last lesson."

"I mean, why on earth would she think that of all things, I mean..." He trailed off, not wanting to finish his sentence. He quickly sat up from the table and stretched out his arms, his indigo eyes bulged open. "Let's... change the subject, shall we?"

Kazumi looked to him with a sigh of relief. "Yeah, I think that's best."

Kaito cupped his chin, deep in thought of what to do. With a click of his fingers, his face brightened with a wide grin. His eyes showing nothing but energy and excitement. "I have the best idea for what we can do."

"What would that be?" She asked, slightly confused to his sudden change of behaviour.

He stood from his chair and grabbed his blazer. Kaito turned to look at his twin. "How would you like to meet dad's most trusted assistant when he was Kaito Kid?"

Kazumi's eyes widened with surprise. "Really?" She asked, feeling a bit of excitement.

Kaito smiled to her. "Yep. The place of where he works is also Kaito Kid headquarters." Before Kazumi could give him a reply, Kaito stepped closer to her and grabbed her hand. "Come on." Was the last thing he said before he pulled his baby sister out the house.
》》》》》》》

The pair of Kuroba twins stood at the bottom of the Blue Parrot billiard bar. Kazumi looked a little nervous to walking up those stairs, but Kaito tried to reassure her with his happiness.

"So, you know the owner of this Bar then?" Kazumi asked, trying to start a conversation, before walking up the stairs.

Kaito nodded to her. "Yeah, his name's Jii." He leant closer so he was in whispering range, his hand to the side of his mouth. "You can trust Jii with what really happened to you, and it'll be easier for you to explain. But you don't have to tell him if you don't want to, it's your choice."

Kazumi looked up the stairs and then back to her twin. "How close was he to dad?"

"Let's just say that he helped dad when he was you know who before me. And he takes care of me, so I know that he'll do the same for you aswell." Kaito explained with a wink.

Kazumi went to reply, when Kaito sped up the stairs of the bar and disappeared into a room. With a sigh, she slowly walked up the stairs in order to follow her brother.

》》》》》》》

Jii was just cleaning some wine glasses when the door to the bar burst open. He looked to it and smiled to the person standing there. "Ah, young master. How have you been?"

Kaito smiled to him. "I'm doing great, how about you Jii-chan?"

Jii smiled even wider to him. "I'm doing very well, thank you for asking." He turned to face the drinks behind him. "Will it be the usual iced soda young master?" He asked, as he readied a glass.

Kaito placed his hands on his hips and smiled wider. "Make that two Jii-chan, I have a surprise for you."

Jii turned around to look to him. He was slightly confused to what he meant, but as soon as Kaito stepped out of the door to look down the stairs, he walked out from behind the bar and began walking to the door.