The Iceman Case - Part 3

Heiji had explained to Shinichi what information he and Kazumi had gathered from Ginosato, and then in return, Shinichi and Kaito gave their information that they had been given by the receptionist. When the pairs met, Kazumi gestured towards the two areas of where Ginosato had pointed out to her and Heiji.

Pointing to the steep hill that lead up and into the forests, showing Shinichi and Kaito. She stood in between the pair of them, pointing to the hill and the opening of the forests. "That opening there is where Tsunira Rei-san lived, further up into the forests and in the settlement of the woods."

Shinichi and Kaito placed their heads close to Kazumi's, either side, in order to get a good look at where she was pointing to. After all, there was a lot of forest and woods and trees surrounding the resort, and the opening wasn't that noticeable from a distance.

Kaito squinted his eyes, trying to measure out the steepness of the hill. "I think I can see it."

"Is it close to that bluer tree?" Shinichi questioned.

Kazumi nodded. "Yeah. I think we might find a clue or two about why he was killed." She answered, leaving her pointing hand to fall to her side.

A snicker brought the three of them to look at Heiji, who was stood to the side a little in front of them, but out of their view of the trees that Kazumi was pointing to. He was laughing.

The three of them raised an eyebrow to him. "Is there something... funny about this, Hattori?" Shinichi questioned, not amused in the slightest.

Heiji breathed in deeply before giving the three of them a smile. He shook his head, "Nah, it's just... well..."

"Spit it out," Kaito hurried.

Heiji held up his hands, trying to calm their impatience. "Okay, okay... I was just wonderin' if you three 'ad looked in to a mirror stood like dat." When he was earned three sets of confused looked, he resisted the urge to laugh again. Instead, he just exhaled loudly. "Well, lookin' at you three, the way you're standin' next to each other, it's like lookin' at triplets."

Heiji quickly got out his phone and signalled the three of them to stay standing still. "Okay, just give me ya neutral expression." When they did, Heiji snapped a picture of them. When he was done, he clicked on his screen in order to turn the phone around and show the three of them the photo.

Kazumi, being in the middle, retrieved the phone and held it so that both Kaito and Shinichi could see the picture.

After a few moments of staring at the screen, and a moment of their eyes scanning from left to middle to right, the three of them began to laugh. "I will have to admit, we do look the same." Kazumi started. "I mean, if I was to cut my hair as short as Shinichi's and Kaito's, I don't think you would be able to tell the difference between us."

Kaito nodded. "But, whereas Shinichi and I have the same jawline shape, Kazumi's is a little more agile."

Shinichi hummed in agreement. He then lifted up his index finger to point to the screen at somewhere in the middle, presumably Kazumi's face. "If you look really closely, Kazumi's nose is more little and cuter." He added cheekily, snickering to the sight of Kazumi's eye rolling.

Kaito's eyebrows shot up, as he looked to his cousin. "Hey, what's wrong with our noses?"

Shinichi looked to him. "Nothing is wrong with our noses, it's just that Kazumi has a cuter one. That's all."

"Also Shinichi," Kazumi called to him, not taking her eyes off of the screen. Shinichi looked to her. "Your eyes are a shade lighter of blue than ours." Looking to Shinichi, she pointed to his eyes on the screen and then to hers and Kaito's.