Chapter 37

When Kazumi woke up in the morning for school, she got dressed and went straight downstairs. Closing the guest bedroom door, she assumed that Kaito was already awake as she could smell eggs cooking along with toast. With her white blazer and blue bow in her hand, Kazumi yawned as she approached the last step in order to walk into the kitchen where the smell of cooking was coming from.

Although, what Kazumi didn't expect to see when she walked into the kitchen was her brother sitting at the dining table, in front of his laptop and still in his pyjamas.

Kazumi stood with her hand still on the kitchen door handle, blinking at the sight of her brother not dressed in his uniform. Again, she continued to blink multiple times before making a sound to announce her presence. Yes her and her brother had a high level of IQ, but all that came out of her intelligent lips was, "Uh..." which was all Kaito needed to know that she had walked in.

The magician's head straightened up instantly to the sound, the boy smiling warmly to his sister, "Ah, good morning, Kazumi. Breakfast is in the pan, just need to put it on a plate."

That was when Kazumi looked to the stove and noticed the frying pan on the turned off hob with a black cover on it to keep the food warm. "Um, thanks," she responded, a little lost for words as she was subconsciously wondering if she was still asleep and dreaming, because her brother is always the first to wake up and be dressed. Staying in his pyjamas on a school day was a never for Kaito, the magician's own words.

Placing her blazer and blue bow tie on the back of a chair at the dining table, Kazumi stepped over to the hob and lifted the cover to reveal a chunky slice of eggy bread, four strips of bacon and a pile of peppered scrambled egg. Kazumi raised a confused eyebrow to the amount as she could only see a portion for one.

Kazumi turned to look at Kaito over her shoulder, "Kaito?"

Kaito just hummed in acknowledgement without looking to her, keeping his eyes fixed on his laptop screen and clicking on the mouse pad.

The younger twin just closed her eyes, "Why does it only look like a portion for one in here?" She questioned with a head gesture towards the frying pan.

The magician responded almost instantly, "Oh, that's because I already had mine earlier."

Kazumi placed the black cover on the side beside the dual oven and reached for the plate that was already placed on the side for her, "Okay. How long have you been awake?" She asked out of curiosity as she began to place her food on her plate.

Again, Kaito answered without looking to her. "Well, I've been awake since three this morning."

Kazumi's eyes widened, "What? Why were you up so early?"

Kaito shrugged, "Didn't feel like going back to sleep, so I came down here, had some breakfast and then turned on my laptop."

The younger twin placed the frying pan in the sink before picking up her plate and bringing it to the table, sitting ahead of her brother instead of beside him as she didn't want her plate to be in the way of his laptop.

Before she began eating, Kazumi thanked him for making her breakfast, which he only responded to with another hum. After a moment of nibbling on her bacon, Kazumi tilted her head to the side a little. "So, what have you been doing for almost three hours?"

This time, Kaito didn't give a response. Instead, his hands froze over the mouse pad. Closing his eyes, the magician sighed, sounding exhausted. "I was... well, I was just..."

"You were just..." Kazumi pressed on, curious to know what could possibly keep her brother's mind for nearly three hours at such an early time of the day, the time of the day that Kaito would have much preferred to sleep.

Kaito leant back in his chair, running a hand through his already messed up bed hair. "I was looking for heist targets that may be Pandora. But, so far I haven't found many that match the shapes of the ones that you brought here from the Magpies."

Kazumi quickly shook her head, "Kaito, I'm sorry, but you've been wasting your time. Pandora can be any shape and can be any size. When all pieces are put together at the right time, they make themselves fit together to become one single gem. I think the best thing to do is to carry on with what you are doing now, carry on with stealing any gem. It's both of our best hopes, and if you want me to help you-"

"No." Kaito cut her off with a sincere stare, his tone in that one word was strong and serious. "I don't want you helping me with my heists, not after last time."

"Kaito, it's not like that's going to happen again," Kazumi attempted to reassured her brother, but failed miserably.

"I said no, Kazumi," Kaito cut in again. "If they even found out about you or that you have any connection with Kaitou Kid, then they'll hurt you in any way that they want."

"I doubt they could do anything that'll hurt me because they'll have to do a lot," Kazumi muttered to herself.

"Kazumi, I made a promise that I was going to protect you. I'm not losing you again," Kaito argued solemnly, wanting his sister to understand. "I'm not losing you when I've only just got you back."

Kazumi sank back in her seat, sort of mirroring him from the other end of the table. "Okay, fine, whatever you say." Kazumi pushed herself from her seat and walked around to stand beside her brother. "So," she gestured towards the screen of his laptop. "What have you got your eyes on so far?"

》》》》》》》

Sonoko felt ready to burst into tears, "But... I thought you said it was okay," she almost whimpered to the younger Kuroba who was standing before her in their classroom, the rest of the students in the class were chilling before the teacher comes in.

Kazumi, clearly guilty for what she had just told the rich girl, sheepishly looked to meet Sonoko's teal eyes. "I really am sorry, Sonoko-chan. It's just that... I wouldn't feel confident performing like that, especially if it is being put on TV."

Ran just smiled sweetly to Sonoko, "Aoko and I did try and tell you that Kazumi-chan might not be comfortable with doing the song."

Sonoko turned to look into Ran's soft violet eyes, "But we need four people for the song," she whispered.

Aoko, who was standing beside the heiress, placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, making the rich girl look to her. Aoko smiled, "Don't worry, Sonoko. We'll find a way to make it work with just the three of us."

Kazumi still felt guilty, "I really am sorry."

Sonoko shook her head and turned to face the younger Kuroba twin, "No that's alright, Kazumi-chan, really. I should have considered your true feelings about the situation, which I didn't, and that was selfish of me. I'm sorry." Before Kazumi had a chance to reply, Sonoko smiled cheekily and winked at her, "But you still look cute with your hair in a bow."

Kazumi gave a nervous laugh, "Maybe, but I'm not really keen on putting things like this in my hair."

"I think it looks nice in your hair," spoke a voice behind Kazumi.

Kaito instantly groaned and sunk into his desk, face in his arms, "Great. That's all I need. Why did this idiot have to come in today of all days?"

Kazumi's eyes narrowed with recognition to the voice, and turned around... only to see the face of someone she hadn't seen in a while. Her eyes widened...

"Saguru?"

The maroon eyes of the other widened as well, breath catching in his throat...

"Kazumi-chan?"

There was silence between the group before all that was heard was...

"WHAT?!"

》》》》》》》

Author's Note : Heh... soooo, how was it? I'd love to know what you thought, so send me a comment and tell me. Anyway, until next time my lovelies~

* MANY KISSES * AMCDeBurgh ^_~ ♡¤♡¤♡