Chapter 36

"I'm not even going to try."

"Oh, come on, it'll be fun."

"I agree with Shinichi, your view of fun is very peculiar."

"Please, just give it a go."

"Just the sight of it seems too..."

"Light?"

"Easy."

The teenage magician drew back in a dramatic gasp, holding a hand over his "offended" heart. He turned to his sister, who was sitting on one of the dining room chairs facing him. "I'll have you know that a lot of focused aim and precision is needed to handle a gun like this," he defended, waving the card gun that was in his hand.

He and Kazumi, after last night's discussion about altering the rounds in her dual pistols, were sitting in the living room after being down in the secret Kid room where they were making the rounds for Kazumi's sleeping darts. But were currently having a break to have something to eat, which Kaito thought was the best time to persuade his twin sister to try out his card gun.

Kazumi half deflated in her seat, not quite sure how this became a debate. "Honestly, I don't know why you want me to try this out so bad, Kaito."

Kaito shrugged, loading another round of cards into the gun and clicking the round into place. "Well, I know that you are used to handling guns a lot heavier than this, which you would only build a familiarity to after some many years of training." He paused to look back to her, meeting her deadpan expression, "So I'm curious to see how you handle something much different than what you're used to."

The younger twin considered it for a second, her indigo eyes gazing over the card gun in her brother's hand. With a sigh, she straightened up in her seat and stood to walk over to the magician. She glanced up at his ridiculous grin and shook her head as she retrieved the card gun.

Once the device was in her hands, Kazumi finally had the chance to inspect it properly. It felt as heavy as a teacup but had the slickness of polished metal. Turning it in her hands, Kazumi noticed the slight dents and scratches in the metal, just the physical proof of longterm use.

"How long have you had this?" She asked without taking her eyes off of the gun in her palm.

Kaito placed his hands on hips, thinking of the answer. "I've had the card gun for about two years now, nearly three."

That answer caught Kazumi's attention, making her look up to him, "That means you had it before you became the Kaitou Kid?"

Kaito nodded, "Yeah, I used to sometimes take it to school, but the teachers got really annoyed with it. Not that I would hurt anybody, because I never did. But just because I used it to distract the rest of the class from the lesson."

"You took this to school!" Kazumi questioned, evidently shocked. "And no one suspects that you might be Kaitou Kid?"

Kazumi wasn't even surprised anymore, already getting used to her brother's past stories of how crazy and ridiculous he was... and is. So, sighing to her brother's quirks, Kazumi brought her attention back to the weapon/gadget in her hands. She clicked the round of cards out, taking it out completely and examining it before clicking it back into place. "It loads pretty easily," she casually thought to herself as she reloaded the card gun.

Kaito just raised an eyebrow to her, "You aren't suppose to be inspecting the card gun, you're supposed to use it," Kaito reminded his twin sister.

Kazumi only moved her eyes to that, meeting his matching indigo, "Sometimes this takes time."

Kaito just shrugged back in defence, smirking all the way as he took a step back and waved a hand toward the card gun. "It's all yours," he conceded.

Giving him a smirk of her own, Kazumi looked back to the card gun. Due to the lightness of the weapon, she doubted that she'll need two hands to grasp it whilst firing, also only making a guess that Kaito used one hand whilst handling the weapon.

Her indigo eyes darted up to scan the dining room for target areas, places where she could fire the card gun and not create too much damage. "Walls would most likely be the best place," Kazumi told herself as she finished taking in the room.

The younger twin was unprepared for a flashback of when she first held a firearm. Being the age of seven was ridiculous to believe let alone experience such a thing at such a young age. Seven was the age that children would begin growing a curiosity for the big world that they lived in, not to start learning how to load guns that came in many different ranges and sizes blind folded. But, right now, she didn't want to think about that, it was in the past and there was nothing that she could do about it now except live with it and remember the skill.

Taking in a discreet breath, Kazumi pushed the sudden intruding memory to the back of her mind and brought her focus to the task at hand.

She physically prepared herself by turning to the side ever so slightly and raising the card gun, finger off the trigger until she was ready to shoot. Picking her target, which happened to be the doorframe to her left, she pinpointed the aim and fired, letting a high-toned noise sound through the room as the card flew into the indentation of the door frame, a spot that was also a little darker than the rest of the frame.

The younger twin was surprised that she had even fired as the drawback of the gun was basically nothing compared to what she was used to when firing a gun. Kazumi looked back to the gun in her hand, bringing it closer to gaze at it closely. "Wow..." she muttered, tone filled with surprise.

Kaito leant forward a little, expression ready for feedback of his precious card gun. "Wow?" "That's good, isn't it? Wow does mean good, doesn't it?" Kaito mentally quizzed himself, hoping for the optimism that he wanted.

Kazumi just nodded, "Yeah... Wow..."

Kazumi stepped foward this time so that he could stand beside his little sister, eyes flickering between his sister's expression and the card gun in her right hand. "Is this a good wow?" He asked hopefully.

Kazumi nodded... then shook her head... then shrugged. There was only a moment of nothing, before Kazumi cleared her throat. "It's very impressive, but I expected more of a drawback when the trigger was pulled... but I felt nothing."

Kaito, instantly proud of his sister's comments, lifted his chin slightly and smirked, folding his arms over his chest. "I told you, didn't I? My card gun is a masterpiece."

Kazumi just raised an eyebrow, "I don't think masterpiece was the word you used to describe the card gun." The two Kuroba twins shared a look before chuckling. After a moment, Kazumi handed her brother his card gun, a smile adorning her face as she met his eyes. "I'll try that again later if you want me to, but let's carry on with the sleeping darts," she said with a slight undertone of humour from their previous giggle.

Kaito nodded as he smoothly extracted the card gun from his baby sister's hand and twirled it via the trigger hole around his index finger, then balancing the tip of the handle on the tip of his finger. "Yes, let's."

》》》》》》》

Author's Note: I know this one is shorter, but I wanted to write about Kazumi trying out Kaito's card gun for the first time, also describing her reaction to how different it is to a gun that she is used to. Until next chapter, stay beautiful my lovelies~

* MANY KISSES * AMCDeBurgh ^_~ ♡¤♡¤♡